About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 27, 2022

F is for Faceplant

Very hard for a thoughtful person to post frivolity while a war is going on where he has friends.

Although it's starting to look as if Putin has - like all dictators in the end - miscalculated badly, and on many levels, but if the Russian people don't get rid of him in the next 48/72 (?) hours, we may all be in a nuclear-war, as he's not pissing-about, he's losing his temper and his rationality with it.

On the plus side, it looks like the Ukrainians have blunted his invasion and smashed the forward elements of his army, some military annalists are saying up to a quarter of the force he assembled has been neutralised, and while he's only committed a third - and those awful fascists from Chechnya are on the way - of the force available, the units behind are having to advance through the falling-back mauled elements, so there's now a level of chaos in the advance.

Here's a sobering thought which the media seem to have missed picking-up on: Putin's forces have mobile crematoria in their rear-echelons, he [Putin] never had any intention of returning body-bags to mothers, he's burning his dead in the field - I don't know what that does to moral, but I guess it's not good; I don't think any army ever went to war with body-ovens before.

So, in a sombre mood, I though a few images from Faceplant I've re-posted in the last few days were in order;

The Ukrainians are calling him Vladimir Vladimirovic Putler!

Don't forget the pets!

On the left, born with a Nazi-sympathiser's silver spoon up his arse, 
on the right, actor and comedian, 
elected against the propaganda, not with it.

Against the myth of Putin's that Ukraine is 'Only' Mother Russia,
it's probably regretting helping give birth to the Bear?

On the subject of Mother Russia . . . remember Putin's ex-wife
 is in internal exile in the 'Turd' (Kaliningrad).

From the New Elephant, original caption reads "Dumbest man in universe hails another man as a 'genius' and also praises doorjambs and those little plastic tables you get with takeaway Pizzas"
 
And on the subject of the Republicans, those who are supporting Putin disgust me, I don't know where this is (somewhere in or near Florida!), but I believe it's genuine?
 

More conservatives with all that lovely lucre from Putin's cronies! This was on the NHS Newsday wesite and is from the Independent's website, you can donate to medical charities here, and the money is transfered straight to Ukraine (this is a 21st Century war being fought in a developed democracy), so thay can literally pay for stuff over the counter while supplies can still reach them from the West.

Donate.

[A wounded woman is seen after an airstrike damaged an apartment complex in city of Chuhuiv, Kharkiv. Photo by Wolfgang Schwan/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images]

6 comments:

Paul Morehead said...

Your name will go on the list!

Hugh Walter said...

D'yer'think? Good that'll be a full house because I'm certainly on the Chinese list and I'd imagine a few Tory backbencher's and Brwreakshiteers have my name in their little books, while the Trumpy rednecks have definitely listed me somewhere!

H

Spectrum Steve said...

Re that poster Hugh,

Don't worry, over at Crooks and Liars (which in my personal opinion is the best American political website) folks there have been labelling the Republicans 'The GQP' and pointing out their Putin Worship for a very long time. So this to me, looks like another reminder to the American people that The Party of Trump is a wholly owned subsidiary of Putin Enterprises.

Hugh Walter said...

It's worrying Steve - we are now, where we were at in the 1930's, even to the home-grown fascists and populist disrupters, but the symptom is the same, greed in the ruling-class leaving the workers behind, I keep getting all this - first - Canadian - now American - truck protest stuff in my Faceplant feed (I got a seven day ban [promoting violence and hate speech] for suggesting the Canadian army use them for target practice!) and it's such a waste, the convoys are all miles from home now, fuel prices are going through the roof, and they'll achieve nothing . . . sigh!

H

Jan Ferris said...

Money is at the root of it all. The bloody blighters! It is all beyond my sensibilities.

Hugh Walter said...

Normally yes Jan, but I think this time it's just the twisted sense of 'destiny' or historical narrative of one man, and his cronies (who are terrified of him because of the number of their predecessors' he's had killed, jailed or exiled), that man being Putin. It's up to the Russians to end this by getting rid of him before he nuke's someone.

:-(

H