About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 20, 2022

News, Views Etc . . . Herald Toys & Models Press

An update from Barney yesterday was sent to the Spam folder by an overzealous Hotmail bot and I've only just found it so apologies if you missed anything which has already sold, but you can sign-up to the eMail updates yourself, rather than waiting for me to pull my finger out!

" . . . this week we are pleased to offer for sale the Thetford collection of plastic toy soldiers, chiefly Britains and Herald, but also Timpo solids, comprising a good section of American Civil War figures and Swoppet 15th Century Knights. We also have for sale a good collection of 2nd Series Swoppet Wild West models (some with our superb limited edition reproduction boxes) and our usual selection of farm and riding models. We are also pleased to announce the milestone of 2,000 items in our archive, which we hope you will find a useful reference tool."

 Barney; as always, can be found here.

No comments: