About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

H is for How They Come In - While in London!

I managed to get up to the party shop at Clapham Junction again this year, it's a routine now, I don't really look at my watch on the second troll round the show (after the pub!), but once it's obviously dark and heading for five' or six'ish, I get the over-ground back to Clapham and wander up to the party shop (which closes late).

I have a little mosey round, and head back to the Station, find an hour or more's the wait for a Fleet stopper, so get the next up-line to Waterloo, grab a burger and get the fast-to-Woking service out of there which slides through Clapham without stopping! It used to be every half-hour from both stations, but since privatisation it's got steadily harder to go anywhere conveniently - thanks Tories!

Asda Dinosaurs; Beatles; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Civilian Toy Figures; Culpitt; Dinosaur Models; Eraser Set; Eraser Tank; Farmer Figures; Iwako Erasers; Lucky Toys; New Ray Farmer; Pirate Figure; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Symex; Tank Erasers;
But before all that shenanigans, Mr. Evans handed me a pack from The Toy Project (one of several toy charities both sides of the pond) as soon as I arrived! They actually weren't at the show this year - having not been invited - but Peter had been up and picked me a handful of useful figures, among which were another Beatle (Macca-moneybags is the left-hooker isn't he?) cake decoration, some Lucky Toys (et al.) figures and a farmer from one of the sets Pagett/A-Z were carrying a couple of years ago.

The Piratical chap in yellow might be from a board-game, he seems to have a cocked or tricorne-hat designed to stack something (counters) on and a very board-gamey base? A Disney princess type and small PVC farmer (New Ray?) make up the lot - thanks Peter, and you can support The Toy Project here.

Asda Dinosaurs; Beatles; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Civilian Toy Figures; Culpitt; Dinosaur Models; Eraser Set; Eraser Tank; Farmer Figures; Iwako Erasers; Lucky Toys; New Ray Farmer; Pirate Figure; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Symex; Tank Erasers;
So to the party shop; they had moved everything around and while the novelty/party-favour section was larger, there was less there of interst to me/you, but I managed a set of Iwako knock-offs including a third iteration of the micro-tank, this time branded to Symex and the same guns we saw last time (The Works) as a single, but now three!

Asda Dinosaurs; Beatles; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Civilian Toy Figures; Culpitt; Dinosaur Models; Eraser Set; Eraser Tank; Farmer Figures; Iwako Erasers; Lucky Toys; New Ray Farmer; Pirate Figure; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Symex; Tank Erasers;
I also bought these as they were dirt cheap, and I think they are a re-shoot of an old 1970's tool; the 'rubber jiggler' / hollow finger-puppet dinos', here a bit stiffer, but still rubbery! Actually there's a fair bit of dinosaur stuff gathering in the queue so we will have a dino-fest soon! And note they have been bought-in as Asda clearance (I vaguely recall eschewing them in Asda as too expensive around the 4/5-quid mark a year or two ago?), so they may still be findable in Walmart 'over there'?

Asda Dinosaurs; Beatles; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Civilian Toy Figures; Culpitt; Dinosaur Models; Eraser Set; Eraser Tank; Farmer Figures; Iwako Erasers; Lucky Toys; New Ray Farmer; Pirate Figure; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Symex; Tank Erasers;
As it happens, the Iwako and 'Rock Star' boxes were both still here, they went to storage last week but I quickly shot these 'cumulative' shots before I shipped them out!

No comments: