About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

H is for Heeeeerererereerssss Hughy!

I'm back, typing letters about three points fucking tall! You get the biggest screen you can and they reduce the graphics by 50%. I fucking hate Hewlett Packard and I fucking hate Microsoft and I fucking hate technology! Three fucking codes to my 'phone in the last half hour, just to get to stuff which has been mine for years!

Couldn't comment on anyone's Blog because the despicable duo wouldn't let me open the Excel spreadsheet I put all my passwords in, as the Lenovo was dying (China be fucked - I wish I'd bought another Lenovo! The price of principle is some Western piece of shit - which was probably made in China anyway - no spyware but no usefulware either!), or at least; not without paying for Windows365 and some other shit I don't need because A) I don't want my life 'on the cloud' and B) I have a perfectly good Office disc somewhere, which I've already paid for - Bastard Microsoft bastards!

And everything's still on the Backup hard-drive, so I won't post much beyond rants about fucking Hewlett Packard and fucking Microsoft for a while longer, but I'm about to try loading the later version of Picasa (3.9) than I've been using for the last fourteen years, so we'll see how that goes!

Hoping to go to the Spring gift fair at NEC Birmingham tomorrow, still got all the Kensington Olympia stuff from Toy Fair on an SD card, along with a bunch of other stuff so I'll have 'some' output in a day or so, and there are three press releases from Barny and a new PW out there!

Most bookmarks restored and I managed to make a payment with Paypal (which hasn't been working for a year or two), so some benefits to a new machine . . . new anonymity!

Had a chat with matey in Rymans and he had the same thing, the first thing you have to do with these new laptops is delete and/or uninstall three-quarters of the shit that comes with it (MacAfee is shit, get Avira free and bin MacAfee!), and then you find there's nothing useful there, I can't even open zip-files with the software I DO need until I've downloaded WinZip or similar, if I had a machinegun there would have been a bloodbath somewhere in the last two weeks, not Macky-D's, somewhere full of authority figures is where!

4 comments:

EY said...

My last computer rant was the forced Win10 install back in 2016. I went back to Win7, and everything has been fine on my own 14 year old Lenovo.

And also, if you have any PC with an Intel or AMD processor, there is a backdoor installed that allows our NSA to spy on you.

Hugh Walter said...

Oh mate! It's doing my head in! I've got glitches with it anyway, the scroll arrows keep freezing, and when that happens it also starts opening everything in a new window rather than a new tab, and if you hit the scroll buttons it just highlights text! I can solve it with a restart but I then get a blue screen asking me if I want to run a repair, so even the brain knows its wrong somehow! So I think it may be going back and I'll get a Lenovo after all? Horrid thing . . .

H

EY said...

Opening pages on a new window instead of a new tab might be a browser setting thing. I've noticed that Chrome has started doing that when I do search commands. I wish I knew how to make it go back and act like it did before their "improvement".

Hugh Walter said...

Believe me EY, I've trued googling all the problems in case it's 'normal; but on that one they all say try F7, which should set it back to what it was, but that just gives me a volume slider pop-up!

They say "Act in haste, repent at leisure", and I think that's what I'm doing here, I didn't even consider Sony Vaio's and they are quite popular, and I've always wanted a Mac', I know they are a lot more, but if I can get 15 years out of it, that'll do me!

I think I'll do a little research, get something proper and sent this back on it's warranty as faulty and useless!

H