About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

D is for Dani!

But is it Dani, M. R., or M.R. Dani, or 'Dani' by 'MR'? No matter, it's just a bit of fun tonight, and I'll put both in the tag list! A rather different thing tonight as well, being Argentinian cake decorations (not different) of Cinderella (not different), but non-Disney!


The bag has been a bit fogged over time with a million folds in the plastic and plenty of rubbing, so I gave it a plain background to get the few graphics clearly readable! I certainly couldn't tell from the on-line images what the set contained, just that it looked figural . . . and fun!

And it is! Not sure about the mouse, he's supposed to have been turned into coachmen or something, but this may be based on a South American cartoon, so maybe someone knows exactly what he's doing there? Thick flats, sculpted on both sides and painted rather crudely; Cinderella is no oil painting, and if you can't recognise her the next morning, you were probably dancing with somebody else!

So that's it, Dani/MR cake decorations of Cinderella, hard plastic, hand-painted flats with small icing spikes, bagged, from Argentina - box-ticked!

No comments: