About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, July 9, 2018

I is for Invaders, Space Invaders!

These are from Mr Berke, and are a result the other day's crossed-wires, I'd seen them in the background of something he sent me a couple of years ago and they looked interesting, so I asked about them and he sent this better shot.

25mm Space Aliens, 28mm War Gaming Figures, Complete Strategist Manhattan, Manhattan Model Store, Metal Toy, Metal Toy Soldiers, MP Mars Patrol, MP Military Police, MP Space Rocket, Role Playing Pieces, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Space Warriors, Tin Plate Toys, Tin Toy, Tin-Plate Novelties, Unknown Metal Aliens, Unknown Space Toy, Unknown Toy Figures, Unknown Toy Soldiers, Whitemetal Space Figures,
Brian explains that they came from a store in Manhattan called 'Complete Strategist' and these were in the bargain-bin one day, so he has no maker for them, but they were unpainted war-gaming/role-play figures of the 25/28mm type and date from the 1990's.

Posed with a tin-plate rocket of classic 'pulp' lines, I like that they are physically different, but have been painted by 'Terranova' to match genetically! A bunch of Firefly 'Reavers' have come-down from the galactic rim to ruin your day with extreme prejudice and ultra-violence!

Anybody know who made them? Or the rocket, which seems to be a modern'ish copy of the old Japanese toys, I don't recognise the MP mark but the two yellow dots, as arranged round the big red one suggest Mars Patrol?

They were found to be TMNT figures from Dark Horse Miniatures

While the spaceship is a retro-issue from US Rocket

No comments: