About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, July 2, 2018

F is for Follow-up - Previous Plunder Post

Chris knew exactly what they were, and I was wrong to plump for the Italian angle - it was a doughboy's large-pack, but right about the badge pin (phew!) . . .

American Infantry Toys, American Toy Figures, Carded Badge, Cleveland Ohio, Doughboy Badge, GI's; Militaria, Plastic Badge,  Plastic Figurines, Plastic Keepsake, Plastic Novelty, Plastic Toy Soldier, Tourist Novelty, September 18-22 1942, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Souvenir of the War Show, Tourist Keepsake, Tourist Trinket, US Plastic Soldiers,
 . . . and the most remarkable thing about this is it's similarity in material and execution to the WHW (Wintershilfswerk) stuff the enemy had been churning out for the previous eight or so years! Presumably the show moved around, so they may not be that rare, but a blank (as the other day's must be) is less common, and the purpose . . . precisely the same as a KHW (Kriegshilfswerk) token!

It throws new light on a whole box of those identical Bell composition figures too . . . ?

No comments: