About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

News, Views Etc . . . or - C is for 'Cos . . . You're sick of Bears!

A quick update on the Khaki Infantry page, following his contributions the other week, Chris Smith kindly sent a follow-up group shot of the FG Taylor's in white plastic . . .

Britains Herald, Britains Herald Khaki Infantry, Britains Khaki Infantry, Britains Piracies, British Army Toy, British Infantry; Conversions, Early British Toy Soldiers, EM2 Bullpup Assault Rifle, FG Taylor & Sons, FG Taylor Khaki Infantry, Head Swaps, Khaki Infantry, Khaki Infantry Page, Lone Star, Lone Star 54mm Paras, Lone Star Harvey Series, Lone Star Khaki Infantry, Lone Star Paratroops, Piracies, Polyethylene Toy Soldiers, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Toy Soldiers, Trojan, Trojan Paratoopers, Trojan Toy Soldiers, Unknown Toy Figures, Unknown Toy Soldiers,
. . . and an even more interesting head-swap pair; more on which with the images on that page. I was in half-a-mind to 'call them out' as Trojan's - still to be identified - Parachute Battalion, but for now I have placed them in the Unknown section, they also cross-refer to Rocco's sculpts?

[24-hours later - Paul Morehead of PW Magazine reports the red ones as being pre-Lone Star, 'Harvey' figures, without empirical stuff (you know me!) I'll leave them in the 'unknowns' for now, but add the same note there] 

2 comments:

Gisby said...

Because of one sculptor, generations of British khaki infantry have been armed with a rifle that the forces never actually adopted.

Hugh Walter said...

I suspect more than one Gisby! But, to be fair, Britains dodn't know every tom, dick and harry was going to purloin their figures!

If you click on EM2 in the tag list, you'll find more on the subject!

H