About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, July 19, 2018

R is for Reaper Rock Chick!

The same day I encountered the Buck Rogers set, I was already heading for the Games Shop in Aldershot which - many years ago - was the HQ of Esdevium Games (now Asmodee) hoping for another extension pack for my Zombies!!! (which I've never played), but they didn't have any, or - at least - they only had a cards-only extension pack.

02A/..../.S/../01, 180508, 2017, 62486, 77078, Astrid, Bones Miniatures, Dark Heaven, Fantasy Figures, Fantasy Models, Female Bard, Game Playing Pieces, Playing Piece, RAFM Miniatures, Reaper, Reapermini.com, RMP Models LLC, Role Playing Pieces, Sci Fi Figurines, Science Fiction Figures, Silverfox, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, W. Klocke, 28mm Gaming Figure,
Consequently, looking around for a consolation-purchase, and by now having the huge TSR box under one arm and my portfolio and 1000 4x5½ click-shut bags in the other hand, I plumped for this guitar-wielding punk-rock, tank-girl, chick-babe!

To be honest; when I got it home and out of the visually quite-distorting blister, I wasn't terribly impressed by the quality of the sculpt, which I would call a bit blurred or 'sandy', I've seen better 3D prints. I hope she will paint-up a bit better one day with a flash-trim and some washes?

It says it's 20% recycled plastic which is a good thing and I don't think that's the problem, I just feel it's a very poorly-defined/finished casting.

03B/--R/-S/--/02; 28mm Gaming Figure; 50085; 62486; Chronoscope; Deep Sea Diver; Diver Figure; Fantasy Figures; Fantasy Models; Game Playing Pieces; Miniature Figurines; Minifigs; Playing Piece; RAFM Miniatures; Reaper; Reapermini.com; RMP Models LLC; Role Playing Pieces; Sci Fi Figurines; Science Fiction Figures; Silverfox; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; T. Prow;
Meanwhile Brian was ID'ing his own diver from the other-day's post, with a much cleaner looking casting! Line-branded to Chronoscope, I think it also covers nicely for the worlds of Messrs Wells, H. G.  and Verne, Jules!

However  . . . unpacking for the day, photographing and sorting (of six colours, 360-odd times) faced a two-hour-plus hiatus, due - I'm sure - to Blog-visitor Jah's encouragement of shear nehkid idleness in my ancillary-staff!

Boss . . . can you move the sun an inch to the left? It's right in my eyes!

That's better . . .

. . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

No comments: