About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

F is for Follow-up - Wüsolin!

Finishing-off a Nazi day (not words I ever thought I'd put to the record!); this will hold the F is for Follow-up . . . record for time between post and follow-up for some time to come, if not the whole life of the Blog, whatever that may prove be?

We looked at this funny little 40mm composition on styrene-base'd dictator nine years ago and I promised at the time to take better pictures when I got my next camera, but that happened after the figure had gone to storage! I've worn-out at least three cameras (I think I'm on the forth?) since then, but here - as promised - are the follow-up shots!

40mm Composition Toy Soldiers; 40mm Figures; Composition Hitler; Composition Toy Figures; Composition Toy Figurines; Composition Toy Soldiers; Düsolin; German Composition Toy; Hitler and the Black Shirts; Hitler and the Brown Shirts; Hitler Figure; Hitler Model; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Soldiers; Vintage Composition Figures; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Wüsolin; Wüsolin Composition Figures; Wüsolin Toy Soldiers;
Best to view these in the context of the original post; XYZ is for Busolin, Fusolin Musoline, or Dusolin! It's all there, especially in the comments; where Bod's Paul solved the ID and found some on-line which I've posted below.

40mm Composition Toy Soldiers; 40mm Figures; Composition Hitler; Composition Toy Figures; Composition Toy Figurines; Composition Toy Soldiers; Düsolin; German Composition Toy; Hitler and the Black Shirts; Hitler and the Brown Shirts; Hitler Figure; Hitler Model; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Soldiers; Vintage Composition Figures; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Wüsolin; Wüsolin Composition Figures; Wüsolin Toy Soldiers;
The peskey base mark which caused all the problem last time, still not clear, but a heavy mark especially on the cursive 'W' and umlauted 'ü' have rendered it hard to read in any light!

40mm Composition Toy Soldiers; 40mm Figures; Composition Hitler; Composition Toy Figures; Composition Toy Figurines; Composition Toy Soldiers; Düsolin; German Composition Toy; Hitler and the Black Shirts; Hitler and the Brown Shirts; Hitler Figure; Hitler Model; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Soldiers; Vintage Composition Figures; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Wüsolin; Wüsolin Composition Figures; Wüsolin Toy Soldiers;
This group was on feebleBay at the time and you can see the bases are the same clipped-corner lozenges, a bit like old Fisherman's Friends (which I quite like, but being a bit of a wuss; have to consume in quarters! But they definitely warm you up in a snow-hole!).

Sadly, apart from the stuff which Paul turned-up at the time, nothing much else has come to light on these, a few auction lots and a metal (demi-rond) naval band on the same plastic bases? But not much else . . . I don't know if they are in the new book? Dates of availability or a potted history of the company are the main missing pieces of the jigsaw. Although mine is obviously Hitler, in his 1930's-on party uniform, the other two - I think it's fair to say - could pass for late WW I staffers, as could (WW I) most of the other figures I've tracked down?

No comments: