About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

B is for Beered-up Bender Bot!

I knew I had a Bender-bot which I thought to add to the back-end (tail-end?) of the previous post, but then I couldn't find it in Picasa? Looking on the desktop (which has far too many folders on it because I'm lazy) I found it was already a post, waiting, so here it is as a follow-up!

Bender; Bender Bot; Bender Unit; Carded Toys; Disney Uncle Scrooge; Fry; Futurama; He Man; Jada Nano Metalfigs; Kirk; Masters of the Universe; Matt Groening; Mattel Mega Brands; Mattel Mega Construx; Mega Brands; Mega Construx; MOTU; Nano Metalfigs; Nano Metalfigures; Robot Bender; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spock; Star Trek; Uncle Scrooge;
Courtesy of Mr Berke of New York, this is another rival to Lego (always to be encouraged), with 'popular market-leading brand' stud-compatibility and you can see from the obverse of the card that there are other ranges including masters of the Universe (He-Man) and Star Trek figurines, also it (Mega Construx or Mega Brands)'s backed by the mighty Mattel, so let's hope for big things and a break on Lego's hegemony!

It's 'Kiss my shiny metal ass' Bender with his Mom's Old fashioned Robot Oil can and swag-bag, too cool for coding school!

Bender; Bender Bot; Bender Unit; Carded Toys; Disney Uncle Scrooge; Fry; Futurama; He Man; Jada Nano Metalfigs; Kirk; Masters of the Universe; Matt Groening; Mattel Mega Brands; Mattel Mega Construx; Mega Brands; Mega Construx; MOTU; Nano Metalfigs; Nano Metalfigures; Robot Bender; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spock; Star Trek; Uncle Scrooge;
Robots give way to ducks . . . and British Bobbies! Brian shot him with a Jada Nano Metalfig of Uncle Scrooge for sizing/scale and then shot the Disney Duck with other recognisable figures (Hill policemen?), so only two pictures and a couple'a-hundred words but a full tag-list!

Bender looks quite worried by the proximity of Scrooge! Throw the oil at the duck and run with the loot mate . . . s'my advice! Or; are they going into business together? Cheers Brian!

No comments: