About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, September 19, 2019

T is for Two - Little & Large!

The last additions to ITLAPD, but not the final posts, I've mixed them all up so they differ from hour to hour! And it was going to be more of a 'Look at this!', then it was a genuine T is for Two, now it's more of a T is for err . . . four?

150mm Figures; 200mm Figures; 45mm Figures; Cararra Marble; Fontanini Piracy; Fontanini Pirate; Fontanini Statuette; Hong Kong Copy; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Papo France; Papo Mini+; Papo Pirate; Pirate Day; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates;
The crux of the post; a Hong Kong copy of the Fontanini large-size pirate we've previously seen before here on a lump of Carrara Marble, alongside a Papo 45mm (smallest size they do) pirate, who's toob we've seen in a past Show Report. The larger figure is 210mm in total, or 150mm sole of foot to eye-line.

That was going to be it!

150mm Figures; 200mm Figures; 45mm Figures; Cararra Marble; Fontanini Piracy; Fontanini Pirate; Fontanini Statuette; Hong Kong Copy; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Papo France; Papo Mini+; Papo Pirate; Pirate Day; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates;
But at the last minute I thought I'd better do a comparison with the Carrara-mounted original, and tucked last year's newie in between them, giving us a technical 'four'! They end up the same height despite having very different bases, by dint of the blow-moulded chunk of pirated pirate being reduced in size, he also has a filled-out hat for technical reasons related to that kind of moulding.

150mm Figures; 200mm Figures; 45mm Figures; Cararra Marble; Fontanini Piracy; Fontanini Pirate; Fontanini Statuette; Hong Kong Copy; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Papo France; Papo Mini+; Papo Pirate; Pirate Day; Pirate Toy; Pirates; Plastic Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; TLAPD; Toy Pirates;
I had shot him separately before wondering what to do with the Papo figure! Peter Evans gave me the gold giant when I was on my 'country-mouse' trip to the big city the other week, and I think I picked-up the Papo figure when he took me to the Toy Project's shop in Archway?

Goes away and checks - no; he was in the dino-lot from charity with the robo-space-catpig-thing (and which I'd 'hidden for later'), same week - end of August! Anyway, thanks again to Peter for the big one!

No comments: