About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

S is for Stig, The Stig, moonlighting as a crane driver!

This post will probably only be of interest to UK readers, or people who follow the Top Gear team on-line...I caught 'The Stig' moonlighting as a TEREX crane driver for the British Army, obviously the BBC aren't paying him enough to stick to very fast (or even reasonably priced) cars!

This is a still from a film I took of two of these beasts out for a drive the other day, probably from the Rushmoor vehicle testing facility down the road (this was shot in Fleet, Hampshire) and apparently being driven by civilians in full-face motorcycle helmets...is it an Alien II?!

No comments: