About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

T is for Two - Charity Shop Plunder

The other plus drôle  from yesterday's post is that A) I already had this post in the queue when I bought the Leprechauns last week, and then B) this week I had several scores, in various charity shops, in two towns! Among the new finds were a lovely board-game for a quid and several bags of oddities including two examples of figures already waiting in the pipeline from Poland.

Indeed - there's now so much in the pipeline I don't know when half of it will get Blogged! And the Blog will trip the 2-million hits mark, in the first or second week of October . . . it's all rather go-go-go at Small Scale World, but if you keep coming; I'll keep posting! Although; you will have to accept the odd dud, and for some of you - both these will be duds . . . I love'em!

Picked this up about three weeks ago, Blue Cross (animal charity - we have dominion over them and we treat them like shit), it's marked Chap Mai, is basically a Land Rover Defender and probably came with the figures we looked at a while ago hidden in a C130 Hercules or aircraft-carrier play-set.

The front (radiator area) however seems to contain some H2 / Hummer DNA! While there are two locating-slot type-things sticking down underneath that make it impossible to push over soft furnishing like carpets . . . Doh!

Saw these in Paperchase about two years ago, baulked at 4-quid'odd, happy with 75p! It's robots, five ov'em, with gears for eyes and radio aerials designed by a blind man who only had a broom-handle and some tennis-balls to hand! They look like mobile, clockwork, Norwegian stoves!

'Revenge of the Demented Toasters!' - Coming-soon to a theatre near you; be amazed by the lack of electrical flex; be horrified by the slightly orangey-red elements; be slightly miffed by the trail of crumbs; you'll never bath with the door unlocked again!

No comments: