About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

T is for Two - New Production Figurines

An eclectic pair today and; as both were reduced to clear; a slightly misleading header-title; as they are new-old production; if I'm going to be pedantic about it! Did I just get four semi-colons in one sentence . . . correctly? Get In!

Picked this up for 50p in that Eastern import shop in Basingrad I mentioned a while back, it's marked Nibariki on the base (new name in the tag list!) and is probably/presumably a Manga or Anime character I know nothing about, she may also be a de-packaged Gashapon type thing? [My Neighbour Totoro by Studio Ghibli]

This was 'end-of-line' in The Works, is marked to Nintendo, carried by Goldie/Goldie International in the Antipodes/US respectively and Together Plus (T+) in the UK and some of you will instantly recognise it as a Super Mario character, I don't know what he's called having avoided the whole video-game phenomena since its inception as 'Soma for the masses'. I'm calling him mushroom man!

She may look a little saccharine-sweet but she seems to be striding boldly around a post-apocalyptic wasteland, or Hades? Anyone know her identity? He has a full set of marks but for Nintendo, not the issuers.

They are from different sets, different formats, they are both '1: No Scale', their anthropomorphism/anthropology doesn't match, yet they look like the best of pals, happily starting a big adventure upon which the future of the universe may rely!

This 'aura of similarity' may be due to the fact that A) they are both PVC and B) are manufactured in several parts, welded into one with invisible glue-joints before retail sale, leaving them both with similar dynamic poses. Or that they're both grinning so happy they make you happy!

Package is tatty as this was literally the last one in the shop!

If I had a shelf with all of my favourite figures on it, next to the PC (as I know several of you do), these would both be going there as stand-alone, 'nice' figures of interest, I don't love them, but I do like them both - they're different!

No comments: