About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, December 7, 2019

C is for Catch-up - Sandown Park - May

After the relative frugality of March's show the May show at Sandown park was a bit of a boot-filler, and that despite the fact that Wilton (Plastic Warrior show) had been a polymer-fest two weeks earlier!

Where to start! Top left to bottom right? One of the 'home cast' guards, a French hollow-cast of an Indian army soldier, two Zang, a Dinky mechanic and some bits; the die-cast 'plane will be from a board game, worker is Wardie Mastermodels, part of a Kellogg's puzzle jeep and a baby!

The aluminium flats have been looked at now, the corn stook is Speedwell, two - probably board game - motorcycle flats (one lead the other possibly die-cast) and a bunch of WHW's also now properly dealt with (and follow-upped on!). The above were all saved for me by, or came from the stall of Adrian Little.

Also from Adrian the two upper rows; I Blogged the Coma copies soon after retiuning to the Blog afetr Dad's passing, the Romans have been covered before, both PVC and ethylene and the chariot, plus copy, but they still need to be all brought together.

Bottom row may have been Adrian as well, I can't remember, but they are I think generic Hong Kong copies of Monograme, rather than the thicker-based ones Kent Sprecher has ascribed to one of the Marx HK factories.

Seen them a while ago - these were part of a big 'score' of rack-toys I managed to secure in mid-afternoon, long after everyone else had been past or over the guy's stall so I hate to think what I missed!

Came from all over; Smoky the Bear tourist trophy and flat sheep, followed by the robot and two aliens from Wilton, Mr Men and another of the rack-toy stash - all covered in the last few months and the floor sweepings were a bit poor, with a Space Marine back-pack and an F1 aerofoil!

Again from the rack-toy stall, and again, I think we've seen most of them now. I think the basket-ball players may be cake-decorations, but they could be from a board game? I've already fixed the hand!

I think there were 17 sets in all, and we've seen about a third of them since July, the rest will come, over time as time allows or posts require. I anonymised them in this shot as I intended to publish this back at the time, but as you know I took some time off and they are now broken-up and put-away.

The May show was going to be two posts, but with stuff that's already published and so on, I threw this bitty video together, god knows what the Youtube regulars will make of it, but it's the only way of getting it up here, so there it is!

A couple of things I shot on Adrian's stand, the lovely privet-hedge horse and a long shot of the selling which takes place in the hour between the gates opening to the car park and the doors opening to the hall. And yes; malleable has two 'L's!

That last shot on the slide-show/video thingy; it is interesting for showing the two strides of the Malleable Mouldings marines, with the third guy at full stride, the other two taking shorter steps.

Note also that these must have come from an out-painter, as she (they were almost all female) has given-up painting the first figure mid-way through the white with the red, black and silver still to come, yet has added the gold to the helmet, over the [unfinished] white?

2 comments:

gto said...

Bonjour à tous,

"a French hollow-cast of an Indian army soldier" est désigné dans le Tisné/Doublet, plomb creux, tome 3, comme étant une fabrication X.R. (Xavier Raphanel),une des plus ancienne manufacture de soldats de plomb française (1895-1935).

Il n'appartient à aucune série. C'est le seul Hindou de la collection et fait partie de ces pièces un peu originale et hors-norme que les marques aimaient rajouter parmi leurs traditionnelles poilus 14-18, sans que l'on sache vers où il voulait aller.

Très bonne journée

hindou arme au pied

Hugh Walter said...

Merci-bon plagiatiéȇrè!

H