About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, December 14, 2019

F is for Follow-up - APS-Politoys 'Texas'

Putting away the folder with the other day's article in, I found some old evilBay images from 2012, which are worth a look, and while continuing to sort Wild West (a long overdue task) I found a couple of other items of interest, so, a quick follow-up to this post is the order of the day.

APS Cowboys; APS Indians; APS Italy; APS Politoys; APS Texas; APS Wild West; Cowboy Horses; Cowboys; Cowboys and Indians; Hong Kong Copies; Indian And Cowboy Toys; Indian Toy Figures; Indians; Policar Italy; Polistil. Politoys Italy; Politoys APS; Sleigh; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Texas Cowboys; Texas HK Copies; Texas Indians; Texas Wild West; Toy Sled; Toy Sledge; Toy Sleigh; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toys; Wild West Figures;
Having seen my two grow to three in the article preparation and five by the time I'd finished, all foot; it now seems I have one of the mounted figures, and with the two feathers not the lasso pose I think I've seen as a cowboy? Maybe they issued it as both by removing the feathers from some as cowboys? Anyway it means they're not outnumbered by the cowboys. Neither he nor the horse are marked as far as I can see.

Below him is what appears to be a factory painted, Hong Kong copy of the Crescent firebrand figure, but via Texas and following the pattern of theirs with a single foot-plug - removed from the right-hand example, sadly neither example came with a base, but it may be he plugs into a wagon or something?

APS Cowboys; APS Indians; APS Italy; APS Politoys; APS Texas; APS Wild West; Cowboy Horses; Cowboys; Cowboys and Indians; Hong Kong Copies; Indian And Cowboy Toys; Indian Toy Figures; Indians; Policar Italy; Polistil. Politoys Italy; Politoys APS; Sleigh; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Texas Cowboys; Texas HK Copies; Texas Indians; Texas Wild West; Toy Sled; Toy Sledge; Toy Sleigh; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toys; Wild West Figures;
Hoovered-off feebleBay back in 2012, this is marked APS rather than Texas, and is very different to the Britains/Timpo type arctic sled at the other end of the link in the last post, this being more Santa's sleigh (. . . or a dog-taxi!), which is ironic as Theo sent me the original shot by way of a Santa follow-up!

APS is the parent or umbrella for Politoys, who also used Policars and Texas as brands and became Polistil (when switching to die-cast; steel=stil?), as all abbreviations stand for something APS must stand for something but as far as I know, no one as deciphered it yet, the S may be for S.p.a.. (like our Ltd, or the German GmbH or USA's LLC etc...), the P probably Poli- or Poly-something which leaves the A, possibly united, or amalgamated or something like that? Does anyone know?

Anyway, the 'general' toy range often gets marked with APS in a round-angled triangle, with you can see here (just not in detail) along with the same MADE ITALY as the Texas figures the other day.

Also - Angelo is not one to sit on his laurels, and has already sent me another very interesting set of images, as I also have some 'Italy' marked stuff, of the same or similar subject matter, there will be a bit of correspondence before it publishes, but next week sometime, maybe!

No comments: