About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, December 7, 2019

CBG is for Cracking Barracks Get-up!

Also at the May Sandown Park show I shot two lovely Minot sets on Adrian's table, this is one of them, it's a modern one, but in the same style used by the company since the 'off', and it is a thing of joy.

Barrack Dress; Boxed Minot; CBG; CBG Minot; Dress-down; Fabrication Française; Fatigue Uniform; Fatigues; Hommes De Corvêe; INF 121; Les Soldats De Plomb; Minot France; Minot Paris; Paris; Rifle Rack; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soldiers in Barracks; Soldiers on Fatigues; Stable Dress;
The box lid is pretty enough without even knowing what's inside! Set INF 121 Hommes de Corvee, which I assume translates roughly as 'men on fatigues' or men in barracks, but enough of the lid . . .

Barrack Dress; Boxed Minot; CBG; CBG Minot; Dress-down; Fabrication Française; Fatigue Uniform; Fatigues; Hommes De Corvêe; INF 121; Les Soldats De Plomb; Minot France; Minot Paris; Paris; Rifle Rack; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soldiers in Barracks; Soldiers on Fatigues; Stable Dress;
. . . look at these! I particularly like the guy forth from the left on the top row, I don't know if he's supposed to be cleaning his room, whitewashing stones, hoeing the commandant's rose-bed, or helping with the pig carcase, but he's carrying the most vicious domestic tool I've ever seen!

The rifle rack (contents of small bag) is also a nice touch, the Prussians aren’t going to catch them knapping! Seven poses for a vignette type set with all the playability of a bunch of Swoppet khaki infantry, just no shooting, but rather arguments about who's doing what where, only don't argue with that forth bloke on the top row! Manny thanks to Mr. Little.

No comments: