About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, April 25, 2020

News, Views Etc . . . Links

Best Title-headline Ever!
The beauty of Trumps crass stupidity is that he is actually killing his own voter-base! And before they march on Virginia in their cargo-pant shorts, waving their confederate flags, they need to get sun-burnt and inject themselves with Jayes Fluid, not only will it protect them from Covid-19, it'll make them whiter than white . . . doit rednecks, doit!


Toy Soldiers & Candy; what's not to like?
The First two artists in this line-up are worth a moment of your time-spent


The British Toy Soldier Company (made in Stoke-on-Trent!)
News on a new show (which is dated late enough to still go ahead) in an interview with Patrick Adams, collector and maker - I like the Roman cavalry bearing-down on the cricket match!


Nice Idea . . . but . . . 
I'd probably go with a slightly higher-class of rack-toy 'Army Man' if it was up to me!


On the Subject of Army Men;
The rack-toy army women you first read about here (despite the noise generated elsewhere since!), seem to be moving away from the 'pure' rack-toy principle, with some more detailed, real-world figures and a pink option!


New York Toy Fair
Not really 'our' thing as they are articulated action figures, but if you like your sci-fi, or your Halo, this is for you!


Vanessa Childs Rolls
Nice potted history of Canada's reliable plastics


Toy Soldier Confederate
We've looked at Vik Muniz's work before here, there was going to be a retrospective at the Sarasota Art Museum, I suspect it didn't go ahead (covid-19!) but the image can be found on that there wibbly-wobbly-way.


Playmobil - The French Way
The irony of German figures being used to depict French history possibly lost on the curators?

No comments: