About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

News, Views Etc . . . Catching-up!

Tags

Tagging edits continue apace, I've got to G, with a diversion at P (for 'Police') where I extended the use of 'Caribinieri' and 'Guarda Civil'. I had G.G. and GG for that large resin Guardsman Peter Evens sent to the Blog, but with ascii code I've done them both as G•G, which will do them forever as I'm unlikely to tag them a third time and if I do, that's in the tag-index now.

The previous (and politically incorrect) 49 'Firemen' tags have been corrected to 'Firefighter' and/or 'Fire Chief', 'Fire Engine', 'Fire Wagon' (and one 'Fireman Sam'!), while the only 'Florescent Toy' has reverted to the 'Glow-in-the-dark Toy' tag, which although longer is more likely to be searched on.

'Fram' has gone and the 'Farm' tag has an additional post, without me having to publish anything! While the 5 'Frogmen' have gone, but 'Divers' have been divided into 'Divers - Deep' and 'Divers - Frogmen' with an additional 'Mini-Sub's' tag, again, to make it easier for loyal readers (or casual visitors . . . even my "emies"!) to find stuff.

'Fun-Tastic' has been lost to increase the 'Funtastic' tag, as it's clear from cursory research they are two arms of the same import/jobber outfit, both sides of the pond. But 'Funtastik' stays as someone else's brand-mark.


Received With Thanks

Brian B sent stuff for ITLAPD and RTM a few weeks ago, which was useful as I've given little thought to either!

Then Pontiac Jason sent some lovely imagery and info from the 'States on Florida's Highlander, so more to add there!

Chris Smith sent a mass of stuff last week, follow-ups and general interest, and then both he and Brain sent more this week; Brian a mass of Lucky-lorry follow-up and Chris more 'items of interest'!

And just as the shutdown struck we had PW17-something drop through the door, for which I must do the review and there were the two parcels from Brian and Peter Evans which have been covered.


Many thanks to all for all, it's piling-up a bit, but I'm not complaining, and it will all get used, witness this afternoon's post with contribution from two readers.

WTFBay - Got 10,000-Quid Going Spare?


Evil Empire - Worth a Read
There's little point in toy-industry news while the global economy is turning to a fluid of shit-soup, but the author of this piece thinks the Nottingham Mafia are a safe bet and he's probably right!

No comments: