About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, April 25, 2020

P is for Plastic Power . . . ♪♫ I Gotta' I Gotta' I Gotta' Jigga' Jig-Jig . . . Yeah! ♪♪

There are moments when you struggle to believe you've done something, and at Sandown Park the other day week month one of those moments overtook my ability to escape them and I bought a twelve-inch doll in order to add a one-inch doll to the collection!

A crime; a sin; a monumental act of stupidity I have still to fall-for a possible four-more times! Still, it's a while since we added a Galoob to the tag list, and getting the Spice Girls into the metadata won't hurt traffic!

Baby Spice; Cool Britannia; Debut Album Spice; Emma Bunton; English Pop Group; Galoob Doll; Galoob Figure; Galoob Spice Girl; Geri Halliwell; Ginger Spice; Girl band; Girl Power; Mel B; Mel C; Melanie Brown; Melanie Chisholm; Posh Spice; Scary Spice; Simon Fuller; Spice Girls; Spice World; Spiceworld; Sporty Spice; Top of the Pops; Union Jack Dress; Victoria Adams; Victoria Beckham; Victoria Caroline Adams; Virgin Records; Wannabe; Youth Culture;
Probably my favourite spice-girl (if I have one?), Posh was a haughty, humorless, thin-lipped tart, Baby was . . . well; a baby! Scary wasn't and Ginger was a bit OTT, but little Mel C was just a spunky Liverpudlian with a bit of attitude and 'up fer'it, jahnowhatahmeeen yer scally!'

Years ago, we had half a pallet of these to shift at the on-line auction house I worked for and they were bloody hard work, with a 99p start-price 'business-model' at the firm, we let a lot go for 99p, even whole sets of five, some people got mega-bargains!

I nearly got my mate JB to bid on a lot for me at the time, but I couldn't bring myself to subject him to the ignominy of taking delivery of-, or providing house-room for- five Spice Girl dolls! I did get him to bid successfully on the Star Wars stuff we were selling at the same time!

I daren't check what they go for now, but suffice to say I paid too much for it, I won't be telling you what that was, and you can be assured that everything bar the little figure was dropped into the Blue Cross animal-charity shop last Monday [last, last, last, last, last, last, last Monday now]! Sometimes you have to cut your losses and run, to save face; not with your mates, but with the chap in the mirror!

Baby Spice; Cool Britannia; Debut Album Spice; Emma Bunton; English Pop Group; Galoob Doll; Galoob Figure; Galoob Spice Girl; Geri Halliwell; Ginger Spice; Girl band; Girl Power; Mel B; Mel C; Melanie Brown; Melanie Chisholm; Posh Spice; Scary Spice; Simon Fuller; Spice Girls; Spice World; Spiceworld; Sporty Spice; Top of the Pops; Union Jack Dress; Victoria Adams; Victoria Beckham; Victoria Caroline Adams; Virgin Records; Wannabe; Youth Culture;
The little figure, however, is in the collection for keeps, I've been waiting for them to turn-up in mixed lots since I first became aware of them, and that was so long ago I gave up waiting and bought a whole caboodle a fortnight ago, just to get one!

Marked with a number and based to match the later combat infantry and Star Wars Micro Machines, the Galoob DNA is clear and as a standalone figure, just a young civilian woman; suitable for O-gauge railways! I wonder if that's where they all are; waiting for trains!

Baby Spice; Cool Britannia; Debut Album Spice; Emma Bunton; English Pop Group; Galoob Doll; Galoob Figure; Galoob Spice Girl; Geri Halliwell; Ginger Spice; Girl band; Girl Power; Mel B; Mel C; Melanie Brown; Melanie Chisholm; Posh Spice; Scary Spice; Simon Fuller; Spice Girls; Spice World; Spiceworld; Sporty Spice; Top of the Pops; Union Jack Dress; Victoria Adams; Victoria Beckham; Victoria Caroline Adams; Virgin Records; Wannabe; Youth Culture;
By now you've worked-out that each of the Spice Girl dolls comes with its own doll, the packing of which mirrors the packing of the larger dolls box, I still have four to locate and that's it . . . a bit horrid, but it had to happen - Toys is toys . . . all of them!

No comments: