About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

H is for Here's a Bit of Fun Again!

And here's one of those Toy Fair reports I've dragged out, but only the four months, this time though? I must be slipping; I'll leave you to decide if it's date sensitive; and I really should have ignored everything-else to get it out in a more timely manner? Once you've reached the inevitable conclusion you can have a laugh at TJF and his pomposity!

Character Pencils; Characters; Christmas Decorations; Christmas Figures; Fiesta Characters; Fiesta Crafts; Fiesta Crafts Ltd.; Fridge Magnet; Fridge-Magnet; Guardsman Toy Soldier; Lapices; Les Crayons; Matite; Medieval Knights; Novelty Figurines; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Pencils; Prince; Princesses; Seasonal Novelties; Seasonal Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
I shot these as I had obtained the guardsman (below) a few weeks earlier in a mixed lot and it's always nice to ID something, even if it's something a bit frivolous! They are similar to some of the earlier stuff on this Blog, being simple constructs of basic wooden shapes, with the addition of fabric, wool and coloured rope highlights.

Character Pencils; Characters; Christmas Decorations; Christmas Figures; Fiesta Characters; Fiesta Crafts; Fiesta Crafts Ltd.; Fridge Magnet; Fridge-Magnet; Guardsman Toy Soldier; Lapices; Les Crayons; Matite; Medieval Knights; Novelty Figurines; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Pencils; Prince; Princesses; Seasonal Novelties; Seasonal Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
Fiesta Crafts (for that is who they are) do a range of pencil-topped pencils, fridge magnets and stand-alone figurines, following a similar pattern but with or without holes drilled in them or magnets glued to a flat area.

Character Pencils; Characters; Christmas Decorations; Christmas Figures; Fiesta Characters; Fiesta Crafts; Fiesta Crafts Ltd.; Fridge Magnet; Fridge-Magnet; Guardsman Toy Soldier; Lapices; Les Crayons; Matite; Medieval Knights; Novelty Figurines; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Pencils; Prince; Princesses; Seasonal Novelties; Seasonal Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
All the common tropes are covered; guardsman, pirate, princess, dragon etc . . . and seasonal stuff as seen in the left-hand of these alternate counter displays, I'll be looking out for the snowman!

Character Pencils; Characters; Christmas Decorations; Christmas Figures; Fiesta Characters; Fiesta Crafts; Fiesta Crafts Ltd.; Fridge Magnet; Fridge-Magnet; Guardsman Toy Soldier; Lapices; Les Crayons; Matite; Medieval Knights; Novelty Figurines; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Pencils; Prince; Princesses; Seasonal Novelties; Seasonal Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
I was enthusiastic-enough about them to garner me a free gift of a knight; is he a Templer, a Teutonic or a Toughguy? I don't know enough about my crusaders to commit to an answer on that one, but it's definitely a cross on his surcoat - unless he's a steam-punk robot with an integrated arrow-slit in his chest!

The guardsman who had come in with a mixed charity-shop lot only a few weeks earlier is the magnetic variant; he has no pencil-hole but a flatter area on his back with a small, inexpensive, composite-material, disc-magnet.

That's Fiesta Crafts, they're out there, they're fun, especially if you have young kids, or grandchildren, nephews/nieces &etc. I can see them filling the same story-telling role as finger-puppets too?

2 comments:

Terranova47 said...

There is something almost 'Trumpton' like to these figures. It's nice for kids that they come in so many forms, magnets, pencil toppers etc.

Hugh Walter said...

Yes Terra', or Pelham Puppets; I think that's the attraction, I've followed that linked blog less since they got more 'realistic'! In the early days of that blog they were simpler and consequently had more charm.

H

(that's no slight on the guys there, they do wonderful stuff and are clearly having fun, just my proclivities!)