About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

P is for Ay to Zed!

I think we've had the other title (A-Z is for Padgett!), which is an example of my pink-monkey editor's lack of imagination! And the funny thing is that when we looked at this 'set' of sculpts years ago (link - if I can find it?) I probably already had these in the stash but had somehow forgotten them.

I didn't have three Wild West posts for yesterday, I had two and this, which ties-in nicely with the earlier post from Mr Berke, as this too is a tub; albeit a smaller one! A reappraisal of what follows may suggest Hing Fat for these too, the colours are quite similar, but it hasn't been tagged as such?

A-Z; Knight In Armour; Marx Knights; Marx Toys; Medieval Figure; Medieval Knights; Medieval Play Set; Medieval TUb; Mounted Knights; Padgett Brothers; Padgett Brothers (A-Z); Padgett Knights; Pagett Bros.; Play Set; Playset; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero Army; Tub Toy;
They go in the same-packaged line as/with the Wild West set I've already posted (if I haven't I've definitely taken the photographs, ages ago, so it's in the queue somewhere!) and came from one of those strange farm-shop/gift-shop/convenience stores attached to an architectural salvage and builders merchant's on an old farm yard in the middle of nowhere, South-West of Oxford; I think it was also a garden-centre, storage facility and general auctioneers! With a pet-groomers . . . or hairdressing salon?

A-Z; Knight In Armour; Marx Knights; Marx Toys; Medieval Figure; Medieval Knights; Medieval Play Set; Medieval TUb; Mounted Knights; Padgett Brothers; Padgett Brothers (A-Z); Padgett Knights; Pagett Bros.; Play Set; Playset; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero Army; Tub Toy;
Four foot and two mounted, with one of the foot being an ex-mounted pose, all taken from the old Marx 54mm set, the standard bearer and the two foot figures on the right being the lest changed/mucked-about with (see here, about half-way down this page) and that's it really . . . new horse, with no furniture!

A-Z; Knight In Armour; Marx Knights; Marx Toys; Medieval Figure; Medieval Knights; Medieval Play Set; Medieval TUb; Mounted Knights; Padgett Brothers; Padgett Brothers (A-Z); Padgett Knights; Pagett Bros.; Play Set; Playset; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Hero Army; Tub Toy;
From both sides; they are what they are - rack toy shite for infants, in a tub! Imported from China by Padgett Brothers (A-Z) and titled Super Hero Army.

But in a sand-pit on a sunny day, or on the beach, they're almost as cool as a real knight turning-up on the doorstep, and that's the joy of childhood - greys & blues versus reds & yellows anyone? Bagsies the white horse - it might be Gandalf's!

2 comments:

Gisby said...

Hugh, the horses look like copies of the old Multiple Toy horse.

Hugh Walter said...

Yeah! You're right - I just saw your email! Well that's boring, I thought at least a part of it was unique! hey-ho!

Cheers
H