About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, May 24, 2021

T is for Two, But We’ve Already Looked at One! Capri Games . . .

It wasn't until I was looking for the folder for the earlier game's images that I [was] remembered I already had an 'Ariel' on the desktop, except, I'd miss-titled a Capri folder . . . doh! My desktop is shocking; it has 34 spaces left of a possible 126, I really must do something about it, there's stuff from Theo, Adrian, Chris and Brain, while Jason sent a load of Highlander stuff ages ago!

At the risk of repeating myself, this year will be a bitty-one and the keel of the good ship Small Scale World won't be even until at least this time next year, and stuff will pile-up, but in the meantime I'll post what I can, and here's that other Ariel Capri Game!

35mm; Board Game; Board Game Pieces; Board Game Playing Pieces; Board games; Boardgame Pieces; Capri; Capri Games; Capri Olympics; Civilian; Olympians; Olympic Figures; Olympic Game; Olympic Games; Olympic Sports; Olympics Board Game; Playing Board; Playing Pieces; Plymr - Styrene; Polystyrene Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Sports; Sports Figures; Sportsmen; Track & Field;
I always sort of knew this existed and found it on feebleBay once or twice, but never got around to purchasing it, however a few months ago I saw one going cheap and popped my cash in the pot to 'tick the box' as far as the collection is concerned and with a pitiful image count on this post, no more than tick a box here!

35mm; Board Game; Board Game Pieces; Board Game Playing Pieces; Board games; Boardgame Pieces; Capri; Capri Games; Capri Olympics; Civilian; Olympians; Olympic Figures; Olympic Game; Olympic Games; Olympic Sports; Olympics Board Game; Playing Board; Playing Pieces; Plymr - Styrene; Polystyrene Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Sports; Sports Figures; Sportsmen; Track & Field;
The reason I believed in its existence before I know of it for sure is because I found the red arm-up guy (top left-hand corner) in the alleyway next to my old house in North Camp, a bit smashed-up. In fact, he looked more like a saluting Nazi from some unknown WHW set, but I realised he must be some kind of sportsman, probably from a board game!

There are a set of hurdles with and without penalty forfeits attached to their cards and a high jump in card, and the mechanism is collecting points by attempting various track & field events, aided or hindered by dice, cards and tables. The 'high-jump' chap (bottom pose) looks like posh-guy from Scooby-doo! That's it; 12 35mm figures of sportsmen in three poses and four colours!

35mm; Board Game; Board Game Pieces; Board Game Playing Pieces; Board games; Boardgame Pieces; Capri; Capri Games; Capri Olympics; Civilian; Olympians; Olympic Figures; Olympic Game; Olympic Games; Olympic Sports; Olympics Board Game; Playing Board; Playing Pieces; Plymr - Styrene; Polystyrene Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Sports; Sports Figures; Sportsmen; Track & Field;
The box also contained a Brucie-bonus, a flat which seems to be from a mine-related or fairground board game? Klondike Pete, golden nugget, haunted mine, ghost train . . . something like that! Also these thick flats need a new name, they aren't strictly flats or semi-flats, nor are they the hollow or smooth-backed relief flats . . . coin flats, fat-flats? Token flats! Whatever; it's another figure on the Blog!

No comments: