About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

News, Views Etc . . . Golden Book of Britains Artwork for Sale!

Latest press-release from Barney Brown at Herald Toys & Models is the news that the original artwork for the forth book in the series, jointly authored by Barney and Peter Cole is being made available for sale;

" . . . this week we are giving you a unique opportunity to own the original illustrations used for the best-selling Herald Civilian Models The Golden Years book by Barney Brown and Peter Cole. Carried out in either pen and ink or watercolour by my father, Rodney Brown (who is now aged 87!) in 2012 and 2013, when we worked on the artwork for the book together, these original line drawings and watercolours would make a wonderful accompaniment to the book or as stand alone pieces that would add interest to for the Herald collector."

No comments: