About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

K is for Klutz . . . No, No, No . . .

. . . I dealt with TJF earlier!

This is further to the lone vinyl Pirate I identified back in September, which had actually been ID'd by someone else, a few years ago, in Plastic Warrior Magazine (issue 185 has just hit the metaphorical newsstands*), and my search for the other figures, there is a fourth; Harry Potter, but I think I have him loose somewhere.

So, I managed to track down the other two Klutz sets, and this is how they come, a large number of interactive, pre-printed cards in a variety of shapes, with various slots in them so they can be stacked a bit like Galt's Octons. Then there's a calender-spined booklet and the set-relevant figure, a backing card holds it all together.
So, I managed to track down the other two Klutz sets, and this is how they come; a large number of interactive, pre-printed cards in a variety of shapes, with various slots in them so they can be stacked a bit like Galt's Octons. Then there's a calender-spined booklet and the set-relevant figure, a backing card holds it all together.

The Spaceman from Klutz is quite 1980's TV series in styling with a touch of Buzz Lightyear! A back-pack rocket and 'sonic sword' are matched with urban combat kit and Judge Dredd boots!
The Spaceman from Klutz is quite 1980's TV series in styling with a touch of Buzz Lightyear even the face! A back-pack rocket and 'sonic sword-gun' thing are matched with urban combat kit and Judge Dredd boots!

The knight reminds me a bit of the LJN / Matchbox / TSR goodly knight (or "Good Paladin") 'Strongheart', but a little more serious - if waving your sword around is more serious - klutz!
The knight reminds me a bit of a wingless version of the LJN / Matchbox / TSR goodly knight (or "Good Paladin") 'Strongheart' from the Dungeons & Dragons 45mm figure set, but a little more serious - if waving your sword around is more serious - klutz!

Some pages from the fort booklet so you can get the impression, I carefully removed the figures and pared-away the remains of their blisters and gave the two booklets to a charity shop, where they went the next day as they still had tons of play value. That's it - a quick Klutz box-ticker!
Some sample pages from the fort booklet so you can get an impression, I carefully removed the figures and pared-away the remains of their blisters and gave the two booklets to a charity shop, where they sold the next day, as they still had tons of play value. That's it - a quick Klutz box-ticker!

Wikipedia: Klutz is a publishing company started in Palo Alto, California in 1977. It was acquired by Nelvana in April 2000 and became a subsidiary of Scholastic Inc. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

* By 'metaphorical newsstands' I mean you actually have to subscribe, and (for newer collectors - Lockdown has changed the landscape of the hobby!) it's a mail-only subscription, which you can do here, or; if you are on Faceplant - direct message them here, and yes (for seasoned Loyal Readers) - I know I'm behind on the PW reviews, but there has been other stuff going on the last 24 -months which are - in some parts - ongoing, so I'll do them when I do them!

No comments: