About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, June 17, 2022

H is for He's a Big Boy Isn't He?

There was going to be a Technolog post here but with 160-odd out of 190-odd countries holding the parent country to cultural, military, political and financial sanctions or embargo, I feel it is my duty - as a believer in the basic tenets (at least) of liberal democracy - to do likewise, so, as this only came in yesterday, it can go here . . . in fact I must go and leave feedback!

Marx 6" Figures; Marx 6" Roman; Marx 6" Toy Soldiers; Marx Figures; Marx Roman; Marx Six Inch Figures; Marx Six Inch Roman; Marx Toy Soldiers; Marx Toys; Polystyrene Roman; Roman Legionnaire; Roman Legionary; Roman Soldier; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;

Marx six-inch Roman, the paint is well done, but the all over blue (azure I think?) is a little disappointing if you ask me, and you sort of did by coming here! Hard polystyrene lump, here compared with the Poplar Roman who at 75mm is three inches himself, so not the best comparison, but the 60mm Marx and 30mm Miniature Masterpieces (next 'Ancients' post) were away to storage some time ago!

It's worth noting that his shield-arm has been rearranged (or was rearranged on the smaller ones) from the straighter posing of the other sizes, I suspect that was a mould-release issue, in the smaller sizes the figure might pop-out without trouble, in this scale you may have had catching, with all the verticals, angle it slightly and it may release more easily? 

Marx 6" Figures; Marx 6" Roman; Marx 6" Toy Soldiers; Marx Figures; Marx Roman; Marx Six Inch Figures; Marx Six Inch Roman; Marx Toy Soldiers; Marx Toys; Polystyrene Roman; Roman Legionnaire; Roman Legionary; Roman Soldier; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
I thought the face was particularly well done, I know it's easier at a larger scale, but it's still a skill to be impressed by! Although - a face only his mother (or a succession of possibly desperate eastern European 'models') could love; he looks a bit like Trump straight out of the orange spray-booth! This set was known as the Goldmarx series.

No comments: