About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

P is for Peterkin - 2 of 4 - Spring Fair '23

A few weeks after the London Toy Fair in January, I went to the Spring Gift Fair in Birmingham, at Peter Evans' advising, and - for rack toys - it was probably better than the Olympia show, certainly Peterkin had a much better stand, and I shot more there. I should add, I've not managed any of the Trade Fairs this year!


A bit blurred!



Those dragons!

The tower
 
Only more of the same, and I nearly posted them altogether, but as I'm likely to do the Gift Fair more regularly, thought I'd tag it separately, so two posts were the result, and while only the two tubs were out on display at both shows, a year-and-a-half ago, there were a farm and zoo set in tubs, and the next post will show how the line has expanded since.

No comments: