About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

H is for Haversack of Halloween Horrors from Hobbycraft

Some years I do the Halloween stuff on the 31st October as if it's a sort of 'Pirate Day', but really I should post the stuff has I find it, or at least soon enough for those who want to go and look for it, to do so, so this is what I found in Hobbycraft the other day for a few quid.
 
 
It's in a net bag rather than the usual cellulose, polythene or vinyl bag, but I don't think there's any eco' message there, as it's a polyethylene net! A whole bunch of stuff for a reasonable price, I think it was only about 2.99?
 

Five large spiders and handfuls of the type of spider rings we've seen before at this time of year, in two colours; the rings are pretty-much knock-off's of those previous ones, but the large spider is a new sculpt and pretty mean-looking!
 
You also get four-each of the glow-in-the-dark skeletons, they are a bit crude compared to others, and not very 'glowy' as they are more transparent than glow-material, while the bats are pretty-much, much of a muchness!

 
However, as an addition to the various sets of finger puppets (described as 'toppers' here) we have also seen here at Small Scale World, in previous years, these are the bees knees! Although with my critic's hat on, I thought it was a bit of a swizz that there weren't two orange ones, a slight cheat there! Hobbycraft, now.

No comments: