About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, September 7, 2024

L is for London Loot - 2 The Toy Project

Another feature of my annual/occasional visits to London on toy business [It's not a business, it's a game!] is the visit to The Toy Project charity's shop in Archway, and while it's not actually that cheap, it is for charity and if you're having a 'day out' in London, you should budget accordingly, and I always limit myself to what I like the look of, rather than what it's going to come to at the till!

This lot is just for fun, I'm not going to try ascribing everything, it's all get better sorting another day, but I think I ended-up with 37 items, most civilian or TV/Movie related, and here we have three Phidal or Phidal-likes, a catapult-novelty superhero and a large chap who may prove to be a Ben Ten thing?
 
Two pine/fir trees, one wooden, one hollow polystyrene, both shot on the radiator, as the - freshly laundered - T-shit I shot the rest on wouldn't allow the wooden one to stand up long enough to focus the camera, but they looked daft lying down!
 
Another Ben Ten, different make/line, one from one of the Insect movies from a while ago now, and an Avatar figure from Kinder I think?
 
Hermione, Hasbro and Haddock!
And probably; a capsule toy, GI Joe and Plastoy respectively.

Pokemon? Unknown? Minion and Spongebob Squarepants?

Three renditions of Snow White, one of which is bound to be a Phidal!

A right-old mix!

Nice pirate lady, the bear might be a corporate mascot,
the bloke could be another Ben Ten figurine?

Dragon, Leprechaun and creepy-Crawley!

Hasbro Napoleon from the Night at the Museums franchise, a nice sea-horse, Tomy era Britains farm-hand, capsule Ninja, sky-diver and a BMC (?) redcoat! Which was 37 items! All grist to the mill.

4 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

I visited the link and was impressed with the site and the current images. I wish it was a bit closer.

Hugh Walter said...

There are Toy Charities in the 'States Jan, but I don't know what sort of outlets they have, I get the impression you 'Goodwill's are like our named charity shops, and hoave the occasional pieces of tat? The Toy Project is like an Aladdin's cave of toys!

H

Spectrum Steve said...

Hi Hugh, First picture L-R Supergirl (DC Super Friends) The Riddler (Batman) Queen Ramonda (Black Panther) all indeed Phidal Busy Books. The fourth figure is The Green Goblin (Marvel Ultimates stories) but not a Phidal. My best guess is a game piece of some kind (But Hey- what do I know!)

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Steve, thanks for that, I thought similar for the fourth figure, it's a bit like some of these electronic gaming figures, but without an electronic base, so some kind of game seems reasonable?

H