About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, September 16, 2024

W is for Weird Science!

Sadly not Kelly LeBrock at her finest, or even in her finest underwear, but rather; maggots and a worm-mould! Another Halloween post, even though this wasn't being specifically sold with the season in mind, it's the sort of stuff we see at this time of year, as well as being a useful addition to any insect/invertebrate collection, and would make nice 'going-home' presents at Halloween parties, or alternative trick-or-treat prizes.
 
Totally nasty weird science! I think I got this in one of those independent or small chain Poundland lookie-likies, but I can't honestly remember, so I'm not naming anyone, but they are out there somewhere, I did study the other bags in the dispenser and conclude that this was it, whether another carton would have bags with different contents remains to be seen, but I suspect not, this seems to be a one-off novelty item.

You get a bag of maggots to start playing with straight away, and to keep playing with if the moulding exercise proves less than successful, a small, simple mould of two worms (or a worm and a caterpillar?) a spider and a pile of eggs (or a pupa?), and a bag of powdered gel ('goo') mix, not edible jelly thought, rather, I suspect that dentists moulding compound, some small-batch toys soldiers may be being made out of at the moment, not a long-laster?

Those maggots in full! Similar to other maggots seen here at Small Scale World! Out there now, somewhere! Issued by RMS International (previously seen here with a horse-transporter), Google revealed a larger boxed version of this set, and other products under the Weird Science brand-marking.

No comments: