About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Q is for Question Time - Questionable 'Quatch!

Does anybody know who made this? I thought it was the Timpo orang-utan until I got a couple of them and realised this was completely different!

Abominable Snowman; Big Foot; Orang-utan; Plastic Abominable Snowman; Plastic Bigfoot Figure; Plastic Orang-utan; Plastic Sasquatch Figure; Plastic Yeti Figure; Sasquatch; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Timpo Gorilla; Timpo Orang-utan; Toy Abominable Snowman; Toy Big Foot; Toy Sasquatch; Toy Yeti; Unknown Orang-utan; Yeti;
Is he an orang-utan or is he meant to be a prehistoric hominid of some kind, or is he actually a Yeti / Abominable Snowman (and what empirical evidence is there, prey - for their abominable character?) / Big-Foot / Sasquatch type?

He's marked RD in the center of his shoulders, running down the spine; which could be an abbreviation for Registered Design, and while I thought that was stretching it a bit, there's not much else?

He's carrying two rocks, one in either hand and the impression is - he's gonna' crack some fucker's skull, gezzer, j'a-know-what-I-mean . . . 'e 'aint messin'!

Chalky 'early British' type polyethylene soft-plastic, he could be Spanish, or there's a Charbens, even Cherilea-like sculpting to him?

Abominable Snowman; Big Foot; Orang-utan; Plastic Abominable Snowman; Plastic Bigfoot Figure; Plastic Orang-utan; Plastic Sasquatch Figure; Plastic Yeti Figure; Sasquatch; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Timpo Gorilla; Timpo Orang-utan; Toy Abominable Snowman; Toy Big Foot; Toy Sasquatch; Toy Yeti; Unknown Orang-utan; Yeti;
Compared to the Timpo one, you can see he's not even that close (as I keep saying; I was late to this large-scale malarkey . . . and later-still to a Timpo orang-utan!), but in the same 54mm/1:32nd scale-range and he's a mean Mo-Fo! Can anyone help with this chap?

4 comments:

Spectrum Steve said...

Well I don't know who he is but my first thought on seeing an orange orang-utan was of course 'Trump?' but then I looked closer and realised my mistake....it's far too muscular and as a plastic figure infinitely more intelligent.....

Chris Smith said...

Hugh, pretty sure it is from(or copied) from a Charbens lead mould. Also I think Wendal had a flocked one which was very similar. Not sure on the RD mark though.

Cheers Chris

Chris Smith said...

Hugh, checked the most recent PW Charbens special and he is on pages 32 and 36 in full colour glory. Looks to be the same paint job as yours.

Cheers Chris

Hugh Walter said...

So I was just being an idiot . . . cheers Chris, I was tempted Steve!

H