About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, February 15, 2020

T is for Toy Fair 2020 Reports - Toyway - Wbritain

Peter had been chatting to the sales rep' for a while when I caught up with him and so knows more about the plastics (same plan as last year and the year before . . . probably the same outcome - nothing!) which may be in PW at some point. Peter sculpted some of the early Toyway medieval stuff, and some Romans they never issued.

But they are carrying the tourist line from Wbritain, an American company who like to think they are the descendants of Britains, but they're not, Tomy have the farm and zoo, and DSG have the bulk of the Deetail, while everything else (Herald and Eye's Right) seems to have gone forever.

2020 Toy Fair; Briatins; Ceremonial Guards; Ceremonial Troops; Grenadier Guards; Highland Pipes & Drums; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; Lead Toy Soldiers; London Toy Fair 2020; Mounted Figures; Poured Metal; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The London Gift Set; Timpo; Toy Fair 2020; Toyway; WBritain; Whitemetal Figurines;
I asked the rep' if these were cheaper than the 'collector' figures and he said yes, but not by much which is a bit troubling because the prices of 'new metal from them, K&C and Figarti is just stupid. I suspect however he didn't know that these companies are charging anything from 25-quid to over £60 for even single foot figures, and that these will be found to be a lot cheaper?

2020 Toy Fair; Briatins; Ceremonial Guards; Ceremonial Troops; Grenadier Guards; Highland Pipes & Drums; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; Lead Toy Soldiers; London Toy Fair 2020; Mounted Figures; Poured Metal; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The London Gift Set; Timpo; Toy Fair 2020; Toyway; WBritain; Whitemetal Figurines;
And they will be found in the kiosks, museums, galleries and heritage sites of the London or wider-UK tourist trails' gift shops. Styled to match the Britains New Metal Models which followed 71's Detail in the late 1973, but I think they are solid poured metal, not the separate-based die-cast alloy figures of the 'proper' Britains back then.

2020 Toy Fair; Briatins; Ceremonial Guards; Ceremonial Troops; Grenadier Guards; Highland Pipes & Drums; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; Lead Toy Soldiers; London Toy Fair 2020; Mounted Figures; Poured Metal; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The London Gift Set; Timpo; Toy Fair 2020; Toyway; WBritain; Whitemetal Figurines;
Although don't get me wrong - these aren't new, it's just the first time I've photographed them (and they might be in updated packaging?), but they look fine; if they're around a fiver for a foot figure I'll probably pass, but if the boxed sets are under £20 I might be tempted, by one, as a sample?

No comments: