About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, February 6, 2020

T is for Toy Fair 2020 Reports - WOW Toys - Early Learning Figure Sets

Do you remember the stumpy little astronaut who turned-up in one of the more eclectic bags of stuff from the Charity Shops, about a year or two ago? Well, look who turned-up at Toy Fair 2020 . . .

03041; 2020 Toy Fair; 26 Figures; Discover Our World; Guards Novelty; Guardsman; Her Majesty; HM Queen Elizabeth; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; London Toy Fair; Multicultural Figure Set; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy Figures; Queen Elizabeth II; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 2020; We Are Your Play Friends; Wow Toys;
. . . back, far left in orange. I don't remember him having his thumbs-up, but I'm not going to go looking for him, he's the sort of ephemeral thing which just disappears into the Blog, no specific tag, the likely tags (H, News Views and Space) all having too many results now, I just can't be bothered!

Obviously you're not going to rush out and by a set or two for your own master collection, but they are ideal for little-ones (grandchildren?), as they can be used with all sorts of chunky infant toys, and - from a 'future hobbyists' point of view - will get younger kids used to having toy-figures in the toy-box which aren't TV or movie-related semi-deforms!

03041; 2020 Toy Fair; 26 Figures; Discover Our World; Guards Novelty; Guardsman; Her Majesty; HM Queen Elizabeth; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; London Toy Fair; Multicultural Figure Set; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy Figures; Queen Elizabeth II; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 2020; We Are Your Play Friends; Wow Toys;
While I was photographing the sets, Peter Evans, with whom I was 'doing the rounds' again this year, spotted a 'Lizzy-Bet' and an actual soldier! These were on the WOW Toys stand, apparently 22 year old as a company and not to be confused with Wow Toyz, who are also in the tag-list now I believe!

03041; 2020 Toy Fair; 26 Figures; Discover Our World; Guards Novelty; Guardsman; Her Majesty; HM Queen Elizabeth; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; London Toy Fair; Multicultural Figure Set; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy Figures; Queen Elizabeth II; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Fair 2020; We Are Your Play Friends; Wow Toys;
A nice touch; we all have to get on, and there's really nothing wrong with the concept of tolerance, so start 'em young on the idea that we don't all look the same or have to. I think I have the racing driver (red suit, silver helmet) somewhere as well?

Nothing in this post couldn't have waited 'till March, May or Mo'vember! And some of the forthcoming posts will wait!

No comments: