About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, February 24, 2020

G is for Gurrt Guards' Gathering!

I was doing  a bit of sorting on Saturday, and I thought this would be a fun shot, all the larger novelty or touristy items of a guardsman-like persuasion! I think we've seen most of them before - separately?

(C) G. G.; Button-press Toy; Christmas Decoration Guardsman; Electronic Toys; GG; Guard Boxes; Guardsman Toy Soldier; Guardsmen; Large Scale Guardsmen; Large Scale Toy Soldiers; Noki Guardsman; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Guardsmen; Pop Up Toys; Sentry Boxes; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; TK Maxx; TKMaxx; Toyway; Toyway Guardsman; Toyway Sentry Box; Wilco Guardsman; Wilkinson's Guardsman; Wooden Guardsmen;
From the left; A wooden Christmas tree decoration based on the nutcracker trope, a poured-resin chap '© G•G.' (Gisela Graham?) from Peter Evans and the Toyway guardsman from Chris Smith (who remembered they were Toyway after I'd posted him the other day, the RHA figure, also from Chris was another one).

Then another wooden one, this is a push-button/drop-down strung-toy, he's actually almost the shortest, but with a 30mm plinth would have looked silly towering over the first three had I placed him to the left!

The fabric Guard I found last November/December in TKMaxx (made in India), and finally a stacking toy which I suspect is quite modern, but which resembles one we had as kids. I occasionally see it on evilBay (the vintage one) and keep meaning to get one, it's a taller, thinner model, and the larger-number of segments are tapered, so have to be stacked in order.

(C) G. G.; Button-press Toy; Christmas Decoration Guardsman; Electronic Toys; GG; Guard Boxes; Guardsman Toy Soldier; Guardsmen; Large Scale Guardsmen; Large Scale Toy Soldiers; Noki Guardsman; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Guardsmen; Pop Up Toys; Sentry Boxes; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; TK Maxx; TKMaxx; Toyway; Toyway Guardsman; Toyway Sentry Box; Wilco Guardsman; Wilkinson's Guardsman; Wooden Guardsmen;
That would have been it, but - of course - in the putting away of the one lot, I re-discovered the others! So, from the left; The twin-LED torch who plays some god-awful rendition of the National Anthem, or Rule Britannia . . . or the other one? He's on the blog somewhere with his full consumer details!

Then the flat, probably from a wooden fort set of the early-learning type (and looking more Wellingtonian next to the others), another tree decoration, based on nut-cracker tropes, then another push-button/drop-down strung-toy, both being about the same size as their counterparts in the first image, the wobbly one being tagged to Wilco and finally the Noki washing-up sponge seen before, but I think all this second batch have.

Airfix sax-player for scale, he's approximately 23mm.

No comments: