About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, February 13, 2020

T is for Toy Fair 2020 Reports - Bullyland - Disney

I didn't get the name of the importer/distributor for these it may be an outfit called heo (small 'h', Fulbourne, Cambs. And like a short-form of Heimo? Well, well, well!) who claim 'we distribute popular culture', but as guesses go it's not terribly scientific, based as it is on the only business-card I can't tie-down to any of the other posts from Toy Fair 2020 in the queue!

Not that I was thinking of getting the importers name, we spotted these on a counter as we removed ourselves swiftly from the venue to a local hostelry, for a pint, so I grabbed a few shots in passing, as you don't often see Bullyland these days?

2020 Toy Fair; 70mm Figures; Bullyland; Disney Frozen; Disney Princess; Disney Snow White; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; London Toy Fair; London Toy Fair 2020; Made In Germany; Micky Mouse; Minnie Mouse; Mouseketeers; PVC Vinyl Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The Beast; Toy Fair 2020; Vinyl Plastic Toys; Witch;
Three Disney princesses and a . . . err . . . a 'Prince' - although he could use a dentist, and would benefit from a hat! There's nothing to choose between these and other makers in the same sizes/materials, but a passable alternative to Schleich, Papo or even (and increasingly) Phidal. And as I've said before; these will all paint-up as wild-west 'belles' (well; not the Beast - obviously!) with no problems at all.

2020 Toy Fair; 70mm Figures; Bullyland; Disney Frozen; Disney Princess; Disney Snow White; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; London Toy Fair; London Toy Fair 2020; Made In Germany; Micky Mouse; Minnie Mouse; Mouseketeers; PVC Vinyl Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The Beast; Toy Fair 2020; Vinyl Plastic Toys; Witch;
A couple more and some bad-girls! I ought to do a guide to all the princesses, as you are supposed to be able to tell them from their dress colour . . . a word to the wise; never date a princess who wears the same dress for scripted days, weeks or - if magicked asleep - decades. I know Napoleon wanted his a bit 'ripe' but eeeuwe!

2020 Toy Fair; 70mm Figures; Bullyland; Disney Frozen; Disney Princess; Disney Snow White; Kensington Olympia Toy Fair; London Toy Fair; London Toy Fair 2020; Made In Germany; Micky Mouse; Minnie Mouse; Mouseketeers; PVC Vinyl Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; The Beast; Toy Fair 2020; Vinyl Plastic Toys; Witch;
I hate these two squeaky bleeders! I really hate them, I hated them as a kid, and I'll still hate them on my deathbed. Oozing in mawkish sentimentality, slathered-on like Nutella, but without the nice aftertaste, they represent to me - harbingers of the end of days; Warhol'ian self-cannibalism through junk-culture, bread & high-pitched circus! Nice figures though!

No comments: