About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, February 10, 2020

W is for ♪♫♪ . . . We're the Gnomes From America, Woo'ooo-hoo!

. . . We're the Gnomes from America woo'ooo-hoo, we're the Gnomes that any'body can buy . . . dah, dah, dah da'da-darh . . . dah, dah, dah da'da-darh - whoo-hoo! ♫♫♪

As you may have guessed, these were also in Picasa, courtesy of Brian Berke and waiting for 'Ger'nome' day; no, it won't become a 'thing' here . . . merely occasional! In-stores now, that side of the pond; I'll be looking out for them in Poundland, it's the most likely destination here . . . and I don't doubt Peter E will be on the look-out too!

DTSC Toys Canada; Dwarf Figurines; Dwarf Toys; Dwarves; Elf Toys; Fairy Crossing; Fairy Garden; Fairy Toys; Forrest Figurine; Garden Ornaments; Gnome Figurines; Gnome Musicians; Gnome Toy; Gnomes; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Pixie Toy; Pixy-Eared; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Dwarves; Toy Elves; Toy Faries; Toy Gnomes; Toy Leprechauns; Toy Pixies; Toy Trolls; Troll Toys; Village Folk;
I think that Fairy Garden is the brand-mark, Forest Figurine the over-brand, but with the Greenbriar/DTSC partnership of respectively; US/Canadian importers, claiming for them, they are both probably phantom-brands?

DTSC Toys Canada; Dwarf Figurines; Dwarf Toys; Dwarves; Elf Toys; Fairy Crossing; Fairy Garden; Fairy Toys; Forrest Figurine; Garden Ornaments; Gnome Figurines; Gnome Musicians; Gnome Toy; Gnomes; Greenbrier Internetional; Greenbrier Toy Importers; Pixie Toy; Pixy-Eared; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Dwarves; Toy Elves; Toy Faries; Toy Gnomes; Toy Leprechauns; Toy Pixies; Toy Trolls; Troll Toys; Village Folk;
And, throwing back to my point about the naming of the gnomes in the first post; these are being called 'Fairy' even though Disney's Snow White would recognise them as Dwarves, and I think they are classic Gnomes.

Also there are marked differences in size and painting between the see-saw pair and the three stepping-stone menders (I assume that's their occupation from the Fairy Crossing title), but they look like gardeners! So they seem to have been sourced by the two importers from more than one maker (or - at the very least -  two catalogue lines?).

Many thanks to Brian.

No comments: