About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

D is for Ditto!

Still where I was yeasterday (which is the day before as these are all 24hr pre-loads - Doh!), so here's some more shots of 'the stash' which I can chuck-up here inconsequentially without proper tagging and stuff, as we'll see it all again! What can you spot . . .

Armymen! Brackets; 'mostly big'! That's next year's RTM taken care of! I'm not sure about the marked bag of New Ray; I think they are actually copies, there are a couple on the top left tub (with a lovely motorcycle - all hidden by the reflection I'm afraid) and they are better than the sand ones so I suspect copies?

Romans Sah! Dozens ov'em! Marx and US, Toyway, Atlantic, Spanish and Italian, Crescent and copies, Cherilea and Timpo - mostly hidden - in the top left tub.

 It's the daft raft race, although the guys with the pump-truck are gonna' get wet!

Wagon overspill, these are all part-complete or dodgy in some way, except the one bottom-right which is about three-lb's of solid brass, 1950's, mantle-ornament! The Comansi only needs a horse, I'm not sure about the boxes, but they came with it and they fit, but so big? That's a lot of guns, or a lot of snake-oil!

 Everybody loves a sailor!

EvilBay-fodder . . . seriously . . . what the fuck am I carrying this stuff around for, I've got them all loose, I don't need this shite! Get 'em all photographed and gone is my new motto, use the money to fill the space with new figures!!

Likewise! A whole box of Merit and copy poplar tress, just poplar trees, war-gamers need these - not me! I need one of each for the archive, scan all five printed sides of the best box and it can all go.

And they've all had to be painstakingly colour-matched, as odds and sods come-in in mixed lots, then when you get four the same they need matching brown trunks to make a 'set'! It's madness!

Atlantic AFV's
Still got to be combined with the attic stuff!

All coming to SCW soon!

4 comments:

jah said...

If you have seen the price some that stuff has sold for you will be able to feed moggie on salmon forever. Or you will be able to buy a lot more toys. For myself the option would be feed the kids or more toys/junk. More toys But do not tell the wife

Hugh Walter said...

Don't get me started on pricing Jah! It's a madness . . . . Britains Swoppet knight; mounted - £100+ any day of the week, yet there's always a few on evilBay, something you've never seen before - unsellable at 99p!

And the Russian's wanting half-a-week's wages for half-a-dozen figures, NEW figures!

Nuts!
H

jah said...

Best one a few months ago Airfix HO OO poly Elefant painted !!! no box sold yes sold for over 100 quid. And here is me trying to sell a old box of fishing tackle including three teenagers starting price 99p or nearest offer and nothing.

Hugh Walter said...

Well I offered someone an unpainted Elephant (in box) in exchange for a damaged HK rack toy and he stopped speaking to me!! Go figure!

H