About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, August 11, 2019

D is for Donated Plunder Pile

Chris Smith sent the Blog a parcel, just as I came back online after Dad's passing, and although he'd sent me an eMail telling me it was on the way, I failed to read it properly, so it still came as a surprise to me! And what a surprise . . .
Army Men; Armymen; Military Miniatures; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Prize Toys; Old Farm Toys; Old Plastic Figures; Old Plastic Novelty; Old Plastic Toys; Old Space Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Pencil Toppers; Plastic Novelties; Plastic Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Vintage Toys;
. . . We've seen this chap or chapess (or Chappie? A UK-centric joke, and then only 'gettable' if you bought dog-food in the 1970's!) before, as he/she was literally the first (or second?) thing I saw when I opened the parcel!

Army Men; Armymen; Military Miniatures; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Prize Toys; Old Farm Toys; Old Plastic Figures; Old Plastic Novelty; Old Plastic Toys; Old Space Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Pencil Toppers; Plastic Novelties; Plastic Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Vintage Toys;
Arriving on a Saturday; I had a whole weekend to sort it out and starting about half-nine in the evening, I'd produced these piles by midnight! because I've been slack about putting stuff away, or just slow . . . . now I'm also trying to filter-in the two main lots - attic and garage - with the 'recent purchases/donations' stuff in my room, there are a number of bog-standard shopping bags, each of which is thematic, so these piles are destined for the second phase of a three or four-phase process!

From the top left we have; wagons and wagon bits/horses; bits & pieces including buildings and scenics; motorcycles, riders and drivers; Civilian and sports - less footballers, then returning along the bottom row; footballers; sci-fi and fantasy; a little pile fo cavemen (below) and halloween/horror stuff (above), whith all the farm and zoo animals - bottom left.

Army Men; Armymen; Military Miniatures; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Prize Toys; Old Farm Toys; Old Plastic Figures; Old Plastic Novelty; Old Plastic Toys; Old Space Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Pencil Toppers; Plastic Novelties; Plastic Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Soldiers; Vintage Toys;
Again clockwise from the top left; all ceremonial figures, highlanders and guards; historical including ancient and medieval; Wild West, a small pile of novelty cats (with a couple of new ones, I'll try to do them as a fun post over Christmas); the two wooden sentry-boxes we've seen now; 20th/21st century 'army men', khaki infantry and such-like; cartoon and TV/Movie-related, and finally; trains, planes, automobiles and some boats!

I never cease to be amazed at the stuff Chris (or Peter, Jim, Trevor, the two Brians et al), send to the blog, often as their chuck-outs or because they think I may be able to weave whatever it is into a post at some point, and indeed the blog is a voracious beast, so the more oddities we have the faster we can stoke it - witness the speed those two wooden sentry-boxes proved their worth!

The next two posts today will look at some of the highlights, but Chris; thank you very much.

No comments: