About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, August 31, 2019

F is for Flixstars! Flickable Flexible Superstars!

I think? Who cares! They're DC which gives them an immediate advantage over . . . ahem . . . the 'other lot', here at Small Scale World, and these have wung their way over the ether from New York for Rack Toy Month, courtesy of Brian Berke.

Bagged Toy; Batman; Batman & Robin; Blind Bag; DC Batman; DC Characters; DC Comic Characters; DC Comics; Flixstars; Justice League; Rack Toy; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Girl; Super Hero; Super Hero's; Superheroes; Superman; The Hulk; Wonder Woman;
If blind-bags are an annoying phenomena as I suggested the other day (and not for the first time!), an even dafter idea is random content window bags, as you - presumably; if the line proves popular enough - run the risk of a queue of kids blocking the isle, comparing a handful of bags as they try to get one of each and/or the least number of duplicates in a set!

Bagged Toy; Batman; Batman & Robin; Blind Bag; DC Batman; DC Characters; DC Comic Characters; DC Comics; Flixstars; Justice League; Rack Toy; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Girl; Super Hero; Super Hero's; Superheroes; Superman; The Hulk; Wonder Woman;
Nice from the front! But they have hollow backs like the board-game skateboarder we looked at a while ago (Christmas or the spring?), or a rack-toy prince/princess pair I seem to recall shooting in a car-park back at the beginning of the Blog?

However their primary trope is as novelty 'flicky-flyer' kung-fu panda types, so one can't complain that they have been kept light with a bit of liposuction! Coming in at around 60mm according to the Berserker!

Bagged Toy; Batman; Batman & Robin; Blind Bag; DC Batman; DC Characters; DC Comic Characters; DC Comics; Flixstars; Justice League; Rack Toy; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Super Girl; Super Hero; Super Hero's; Superheroes; Superman; The Hulk; Wonder Woman;
Painted up and displayed on narrow shelves you won't even see the hollow backs! Thanks to Brian for sending these to the Blog, I haven't seen them in the UK, so I guess they are a US thing, but they should be available on-line for Euro-buyers.

I must say though, that given that he has no actual 'super powers' per se; I think the Man Bat may be making a serious error of judgement in drop-kicking the son of Jor-El, a man with a stomach of steel, who can set cars alight with his eyes! Just sayin'!

No comments: