About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, October 5, 2020

News, Views Etc . . . Heads-up - Auction

Not usually on my radar, but I've had notification of the following auction heading this way from Weiss in New York, USA, and they've got comics and comic-art coming under the hammer on Thursday 19th November (just in time for Christmas!);

Toys, trains and toy soldiers auction – more than 500 lots in all – on Thursday, November 5th, at 10 am Eastern time. The trains portion will feature more material from the Neil Padron estate, with high-grade and rare Lionel post-war trains. Toys will include Part 2 of a toy airplane collection, with many lots of Japanese friction and battery-op examples.

Weiss Auctions is always accepting quality consignments for future auctions. To consign an item, estate or a collection, you may call them at (516) 594-0731; or, you can send an e-mail to Philip Weiss at Phil@WeissAuctions.com. For more information about Weiss Auctions and the firm’s calendar of upcoming auctions, visit www.WeissAuctions.com. Updates are posted often.

Weiss Auctions
74 Merrick Road
Lynbrook, New York
phil@weissauctions.com
(516) 594-0731
http://www.weissauctions.com
About Weiss Auctions

Weiss Auctions is a full-service auction company specializing in the liquidation of estates and collections featuring fine art, antiques and collectibles.

No comments: