About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

A is for Araber aus Deutschland

These used to be simple; "Manurba" would say the German collectors, then they became Dom-Manurba (or Manurba-Dom), now you usually find them listed as Dom-Manurba-Heinerle! I'm not even going to try to pin that down, but suffice to say they are slightly sub-scale at around 50mm and rather charming!

Araber; Araber aus Deutschland; Araber Wundertüten; Arabs; Bedouin Arabs; Berbers; Dom Heinerle; Dom Heinerle Manurba; Dom Manurba; Domplast; Domplast Wundertüten; Domplastik; Heinerle Wundertüten; Manurba Bedouins; Manurba Heinerle; Manurba Wundertüten; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wundertüten Araber;
My sample, bringing something nice from the East, to the West! Carpets? Spice? The heads of their vanquished enemies? they are all unarmed so can be used with Nativity scenes as background population, and it's a small sample.

Araber; Araber aus Deutschland; Araber Wundertüten; Arabs; Bedouin Arabs; Berbers; Dom Heinerle; Dom Heinerle Manurba; Dom Manurba; Domplast; Domplast Wundertüten; Domplastik; Heinerle Wundertüten; Manurba Bedouins; Manurba Heinerle; Manurba Wundertüten; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wundertüten Araber;
The full set includes mounted figures (some of whom are armed), horses, several different loads for the camels and other colours, and while usually from a brown/fawn/cream/white palette, I have seen them in red, orange and yellow I think.

That's it, that's them; my little handful of Manfred Urban . . . or Domplast . . . or Heinerle Wundertüten Arabs!

2 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

The collection is very charming.

JF

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Jan, I like 'em, I'll try to get some of the others, the single pouch load comes in a nice smoked-salmon pink, like a Persian rug!

H