About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, May 2, 2022

S is for Service in the Sahel!

My Britains Deetail Foreign Fighting Lot and a few wandering Dervish Berbers who were with them, I hope there's some more somewhere, but I'm not sure where, or if!

Arab Warriors; Arabian Warriors; Bedouin Arabs; Britains Arabs; Britains Bedouin Arabs; Britains Berbers; Britains Deetail; Britains FFL; Britains Foreign Legion; Britains French Foreign Legion; Britains Tuaregs; Deetail Arabs; Deetail Bedouin Arabs; Deetail Berbers; Deetail Foreign Legion; Deetail French Foreign Legion; Deetail Tuareg Warriors; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tuareg Warriors;
I don't know if the Gatling Gun officer has been put in the base by an owner, or if they were cleared like this (middle right) by Britains as the Roman charioteer was, and the assault-boat crew, who turn up on Khaki Infantry bases from time to time.

One is in a paler plastic (bottom left) and another has the unavoidable evidence of a stuck release-pin (top right) while I'm missing a pose . . . standing firing, so better put him on the mental shopping list for the 14th! You haven't forgotten? You have haven't you! Plastic Warrior Show - all day!

Arab Warriors; Arabian Warriors; Bedouin Arabs; Britains Arabs; Britains Bedouin Arabs; Britains Berbers; Britains Deetail; Britains FFL; Britains Foreign Legion; Britains French Foreign Legion; Britains Tuaregs; Deetail Arabs; Deetail Bedouin Arabs; Deetail Berbers; Deetail Foreign Legion; Deetail French Foreign Legion; Deetail Tuareg Warriors; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tuareg Warriors;
Close-up of the mould release-pin 'monopod', he's my 'elite' sniper! And the method by which the packs were casually attached with a dollop of Evostick!

Arab Warriors; Arabian Warriors; Bedouin Arabs; Britains Arabs; Britains Bedouin Arabs; Britains Berbers; Britains Deetail; Britains FFL; Britains Foreign Legion; Britains French Foreign Legion; Britains Tuaregs; Deetail Arabs; Deetail Bedouin Arabs; Deetail Berbers; Deetail Foreign Legion; Deetail French Foreign Legion; Deetail Tuareg Warriors; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tuareg Warriors;
I only found three poses of Arabian berserker, so whether I have the others somewhere in another tub or what I don't actually know, but I'm still hoping the missing Indian colonial infantry from Cherilea and Charbens might turn-up so there may be another of these boxes somewhere!

There are two versions of each with either a long-barreled Arab jezzail weapon (trio above), or a more Western musket (lower figures), and the fact that I'm missing all the swordsmen/any mounted figures also points to missing tubs/a missing box? Anyway, that's a box ticked for now.

2 comments:

Mark, Man of TIN said...

A fine series that I collected what I could afford on pocket money at the time ... especially the Gatling Gun.

Hugh Walter said...

Yeah, I don't have the Gatling yet . . . just the officer! That's another one for the 14th; I'd better start writing them down as I can never remember my 'mental' list on the day!

H