About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

PW is for Plastic Warrior Show - 4 of 5

Carrying on with a few more show purchases, two more from the shopping list and a couple of big bags of 'Junk', which always have something useful in them!

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
The Britains Naval gun wasn't exactly on the shopping list, but I knew I needed it and when I saw a cheap one I grabbed it! The green jeep was a pleasant surprise as I though after deals with Ed Berg and Ken Taylor that I'd pretty-much nailed the Gilmark US Army stuff, but there it was, sat there!

While the grey jeep is a bit knocked-about, but it has a tin-plate boxed push-&-go mechanism underneath and while the trailer needs wheels, it's three delicate polystyrene drawbars are intact, and it was going cheap, so I figured I'd grab in with a view to cannibalising it or the next one I find to get a good one?

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
Ah-yes! These are obviously Elastolin (40mm, not 70), and they weren't terribly cheap, in fact I'll tell you, they were £33? But I though, they ARE Elastolin and there's three different horses, and you come to a show to buy nice things, as well as ticking-off items on your little shopping list, you want something 'nice', to show for the day, so I bought them.

Now, you'll see that one of them looks a bit odd . . . he's bright blue and orange!, but I can assure you that's what he's supposed to look like, because, while the seller had a nice little label, all marked-up "Elastolin medievals Germany £33" or something, he'd neglected to mention, and I didn't notice 'till I'd paid, that . . .

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
. . . all bar the blue guys horse (which is Elastolin) are heat stamped (horses) or extra-marked Historex (France!), so these are literally re-badged Franco-German Elastolin, and despite the duplicates, I think I got a bargain? I don't know, they may be commoner, or less rated and while I think I have another one somewhere, it's only one, now I have a sample, with some foot swaps! The fighters are all the same pose (hand painted castle shields), but have three different weapons between them, so make a good exhibition mêlée, as you can see!

The blue guy though . . . might he be Ougan? He's a bit leerier than the others and I think they did do some simplified-paint Elastolin's at some point, I have gloss-painted Romans which are from them I'm told?

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
So the other two things which were on my conscious shopping-list, were the Persian Chariot from Expeditionary Force I'd seen  a few years ago on Steve Weston's stall, and he managed to find one, so that came home with me and will be a separate post, once I've put it together! The other was the Magnificent Seven, which I'd only added to the list a few nights before the show, when Mannie Gentile posted them - a really excellent post. And Steve managed to find then too!

While I was in that corner of the Hall and Steve was looking for the other two, I was chatting to Peter Cole and bought his new Replicants offering, two sets of cavalry pairs - all US Dragoons, these were so new there was nothing about them on the websites Sunday/Monday, but they are now listed on Steve's site. Link will be temporary.

I then remembered that another Replicants item on the 'back burner' shopping list was the 'youth movement' set Peter did years ago, and he had one of those too, so I returned from that corner with all the above! I have a couple somewhere, the punk I think, in yellow, and mentioned it to Peter who explained there were two issues with colour changes, so this is the second version, with one or two of the earlier ones somewhere in the stash!

The big bag, bottom right seems to be a complete set of the Hing Fat knights, most of which I think Peter Evans has sent to the blog in previous 'red cross parcels', but this set has three horses, and it'll enable me to paint a few duplicates up one day, if the fancy takes me!

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
This was a bag of shite, and I'm sure the seller won't mind me saying so, as he'd as good as put it on the label! But, it was only three quid, and had some useful stuff . . . for ITLAPD! Although I shot a few pieces for this post.

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
Not sure if we've seen these loose, or even of we've seen them at all, and they could take their pick of Halloween or ITLAPD, but I think there'll be more to come on them so they can go here for now!

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
These three were also in the bag, I've seen the little one before and may have it somewhere, the red one looks like the sort of thing you might get on a small card Sellotape'd to a kids magazine while the grey one could be Technolog? They used to include leery green and gold ones in their figure sets as a fun bit of extra playability, this is a more sober colourway, but may be newer?

The small one has a hard plastic (probably polypropylene) barrel and a PVC body, and clicks from elevated to level, the grey one has full elevation and a button-fire mechanism for push-in rod-ammo.

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
We've actually seen this before, with a less bent muzzle, I'll have to treat him with care and respect! Adrian found him near the end of the show, and he came home with me. Funny, I've discussed them before and how the three 'Terra Nova' figures only exist as test shots in the legendary James Opie's collection, but while this chap keeps turning-up (occasionally) you never find the other two? Kentoys rare Space Police Commando crawling.

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
Although one of the last things to be photographed, this bag was given to me by Brain Carrick at about the same time Peter Evans and Graham Apperley gave me their bags, so they were all in pile in my mitts at one point! It may be junk, but it had some useful stuff and gap-fillers nevertheless!

37th Plastic Warrior; 37th PW Show; Chariot; Elastolin; Elastolin-Historex; Expeditionary Force; Gilmark; Historex; Jeeps; Kentoys Space Police Commando; Magnificent Seven; Naval Guns; Persian Chariot; Plastic Jeeps; Plastic Warrior Show; PW 37th Show; PW Show; PW Toy Soldier Show; PW Whitton; Replicants Plastic Figures; Replicants Toy Soldiers; Skeleton Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Police Commando; US Dragoons; Wild West; X-Force;
I didn't shoot everything I kept, these two shots actually go after the first sequence in the next post, but to keep them all at ten images I moved these, in fact I had started putting away by the time I got to this bag as Bosey-Boy is more, err, spready than his Mum used to be so I was running out of room on the bed . . . did I say bed? I mean dedicated sorting area! And it was peeing down with rain all Sunday afternoon so BB was going absolutely nowhere! He gets bitey-fightey if I try to inch him anywhere!

But, there's still some stuff to mention, not least that rather nice Buffalo-Bison, it's an odd grey (Wisent?) colour, but with the maybe Spanish one (see first of these posts); two new to me from one show! the 8th Army are Rado/Ri-Toys, and if the large scale are anything like the small scale there will be many shades, so I've hung on to them to compare with whatever I already have.

The rack toy Police are new I think, and while broken, the Totem Pole is new, in a ridged PVC or even softish 'styrene (the tip has snapped off), it's a copy of the old Britains one we looked at here. While the bright red PVC version of an older Hong Kong tree will be useful with photographing Magic Roundabout premiums at some point!

A Quaker trident-gladiator (retarius), sans trident, a slightly bent Hornby HO horse (compare with the O horse in post 2-image 6) and an odd alien were selected, three paratroopers and some other rack-toy types, all good stuff and thanks again to Brian.

Part 5 next.

2 comments:

Dan said...

In the picture of cannons, the little black cannon came with the Toysmith bagged sets of pirates and skeleton warriors.

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Dan, I didn't know that, useful, thanks!

H