About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, May 2, 2022

B is for Brief Board-game Bonanza!

Another box which got shifted from the garage back to storage was this one, but it was jammed at the bottom, and while I like to carry-on like I'm still 25, the simple fact is - I'm not! So I had to break the tape and temporarily empty-out the horizontal games laying on the top, to make it light enough to jiggle about while lifting, 'cos it's a big box; it had a boiler in originally!

Axis & Allies; Board Games; Boardgame Pieces; Buck Rogers In The 25th Century; Camelot; Dean Publishing; Feudal; Formula One Belagerung; Ivanhoe; Keys to the Kingdom; MB Games; Monopoly Board Game; Noris Games; Noris Toys; Peter Rabbit Race Game; Playing Pieces; Show Jumping; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Trek; Tri-Tactics; TSR Games; TSR Inc.; Waddington's; Waddington's Camelot; Waddingtons Games;
A mixed bunch, the Star Trek only has large 54/60mm card flats, and I think I picked-up a lose set a while ago, so this will probably go at some point, but there's a few treasures in here too, we saw the Formula 1 game ages ago, and the Belagerung with Marx figures (I can't remember if it was here or One Inch Warrior magazine though?) and we've seen the 3M Feudal figures, loose.

Tri-Tactics (Gibsons) is also card flats; beautiful old litho'd ones, we've seen the Show Jumping plastic flats once or twice I think and the Keys to the Kingdom figures? While there's so much on Axis and Allies now on-line I may never bother with a full post, but they're there for comparison shots and the A-Z!

I photographed the contents of the other box back in the summer of 2020, and a couple of those posts are still in the queue (although I don't think Shogun has turned up yet?), but I'm going to quickly look at three of these, which have already been sealed back-up again and gone-on to the store.

Axis & Allies; Board Games; Boardgame Pieces; Buck Rogers In The 25th Century; Camelot; Dean Publishing; Feudal; Formula One Belagerung; Ivanhoe; Keys to the Kingdom; MB Games; Monopoly Board Game; Noris Games; Noris Toys; Peter Rabbit Race Game; Playing Pieces; Show Jumping; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Trek; Tri-Tactics; TSR Games; TSR Inc.; Waddington's; Waddington's Camelot; Waddingtons Games;
Waddington's Camelot, we have seen the pieces here already, they have been in one or two mixed lots, but we may return to them here, to compare with some black & white ones I think I have somewhere.

Axis & Allies; Board Games; Boardgame Pieces; Buck Rogers In The 25th Century; Camelot; Dean Publishing; Feudal; Formula One Belagerung; Ivanhoe; Keys to the Kingdom; MB Games; Monopoly Board Game; Noris Games; Noris Toys; Peter Rabbit Race Game; Playing Pieces; Show Jumping; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Trek; Tri-Tactics; TSR Games; TSR Inc.; Waddington's; Waddington's Camelot; Waddingtons Games;
Dean's second - bi-lingual - version of the Peter Rabbit Race Game, original sets had hollow-cast lead figures, fully painted and supplied by Timpo, the tool for which these polyethylene plastic ones were moulded from, a third 'heritage' version was issued a few years ago with 'antiqued' chrome-finished mazak-alloy pieces. I think the lead ones have been seen here? Squirrel Nutkin is the odd one out, with a full/all-over coat of paint, on cream-white plastic.

Axis & Allies; Board Games; Boardgame Pieces; Buck Rogers In The 25th Century; Camelot; Dean Publishing; Feudal; Formula One Belagerung; Ivanhoe; Keys to the Kingdom; MB Games; Monopoly Board Game; Noris Games; Noris Toys; Peter Rabbit Race Game; Playing Pieces; Show Jumping; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Star Trek; Tri-Tactics; TSR Games; TSR Inc.; Waddington's; Waddington's Camelot; Waddingtons Games;
This came from Matt Thier of White Tower Miniatures, who saw it and saved it for me nearly 20 years ago, and he let me have it at his cost, which was car-booty pennies I seem to recall, so many thanks to Matt, for that!

An Italian-language (Noris toys or games) one or two-player game, you are Ivanhoe (or Roger Moore; even if he looks like Tony Curtis!), fighting the baddies of King Prince John!

Figures are semi-flat, in the European premium style, about 25mm and hard polystyrene. The TV series was actually an early ITV joint UK/US co-production and Roger Moore hated doing it apparently!

No comments: