About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, July 7, 2022

A is for Another Petition . . .

I think actually it's my third! The first was silly and came to nothing, my second had a few thousand signings before I told everyone to go to a duplicate which was a day or two older and much bigger, but I've checked and there's nothing like this up, so hopefully it might gain some traction.

Listening to Boris in his committee hearing this afternoon, it became clear he's as nuts as Trump, something I've hinted at before, and while all petitions are political in one way or another, I've tried keeping this one as neutral as I can, calling only for a coalition government to be formed - by the powers that be - without actually knowing if they can; within the rules, which are vague, given our lack of a formal written constitution.

Now, I need five signatures for Change.org to publish the 'public' version, so if any of you are wondering WTF's going on, chuck a signature on the link below . . . please!

I can't see a leader in the pack of self-servative dogs surrounding Boris, nor in Keir who I suspect would struggle to find his way out of a wet paper bag if you gave him a fire axe and a flamethrower, but something needs to 'give'.

And if you think it stands a chance, or is just a good message to sent to the 'Establishment', share it on your feeds too? Cheers.

https://www.change.org/p/form-a-coalition-government

Full text of the petition reads;

"Given the mess we seem to be in;

We the below signed believe the Speaker of the House of Commons, representatives of the House of Lords and the Monarch should find a mechanism to organise and create a Coalition Administration, and request they do so forthwith.

The coalition to sit for five years with the aims of recovering from Brexit and Covid-19, dealing with the on-going matters arising from Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine, the 'Cost of Living' crisis, emerging Monkey Pox, industrial unrest, the Gig economy and the mess the current administration are creating through apparently corrupt practice, dogmatic intransigence, dishonest obfuscation and fiscal mismanagement.

Suggestions for the interim/temporary leader/holder of the Prime ministerial position, pending a more formal leadership election might include Caroline Lucas (Green Party), Kenneth Clark (Conservative, House of Lords) or Angela Rainer (Labour Party)."

As mentioned above I've started the petition because I can't see a single leader among the dogs sniffing round Boris Johnson, while I don't believe Keir Starmer is even made of leadership material. With both the main parties internally riven with internecine squabbling and the Liberals not fully recovered from their last drubbing, a coalition seems the best hope for what will become a wartime economy if things get much worse, both on the Ukraine front and the global inflation/recession crisis and ongoing food supply problems.

2 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

Hugh

They haven't dragged you off, did they? The blighters!

I hope you are well.

Jan

Hugh Walter said...

Tried to, but my legal knowledge was better than theirs!

H