About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, July 31, 2022

F is for Follow-up - Merit 'Tarzan And His Animals'

Last time we looked at this set (ten years ago!) I suggested an Elephant was the missing animal, and I'm pleased to say it was! I also said if I got a better one, I'd swap box lids, but I didn't, I got a worse one, however it did fit the new A3 scanner so . . . swings and roundabouts!

Antelope; Elephant; Gat. No. 6406; Gorilla; Hippo; Hippopotamus; Leopard; Lion; Magnetic Board Game; Magnetic Toy; Merit 6406; Merit Board Game; Merit Tarzan Game; Rhino; Rhinoceros; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tarzan And His Animals; Tarzan Board Game; Tarzan Game; Tarzan Of The Apes; Tarzan Set; Water Buffalo;
Figures first, and the immediate question is -  was the previously seen set home-painted? I suspect not; this game probably ran for a few years and like a lot of people at the time (Britains, Crescent, Lone Star), painting was seen as a quick money-saver and got dropped at some point?

So now 'Ivorene' flats, in a creamy-white, the dark spots are the anchor-points of embedded metal plates on the underside of the base, used for magnetic manipulation!

Antelope; Elephant; Gat. No. 6406; Gorilla; Hippo; Hippopotamus; Leopard; Lion; Magnetic Board Game; Magnetic Toy; Merit 6406; Merit Board Game; Merit Tarzan Game; Rhino; Rhinoceros; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tarzan And His Animals; Tarzan Board Game; Tarzan Game; Tarzan Of The Apes; Tarzan Set; Water Buffalo;
The cage you are trying to drag the animals to, if you are the horrid player (nice players [Tarzan] are trying to save them) with a hidden wand, it's half Driving School and half Answer Robot (both also Merit games as some point), missing it's door/gate last time, when I unpack I will save this board and the older box!

I will also have to carefully transfer the older pull-ring, and it will have to be careful, as this one was complete until I touched it, whereupon it fell into three pieces and I have to assume the other will be equally age-brittled?

Antelope; Elephant; Gat. No. 6406; Gorilla; Hippo; Hippopotamus; Leopard; Lion; Magnetic Board Game; Magnetic Toy; Merit 6406; Merit Board Game; Merit Tarzan Game; Rhino; Rhinoceros; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tarzan And His Animals; Tarzan Board Game; Tarzan Game; Tarzan Of The Apes; Tarzan Set; Water Buffalo;
The magnetic arm with which you locate, capture and drag the poor animals by any-which-way (even tail-first) possible, back to the cage!

Antelope; Elephant; Gat. No. 6406; Gorilla; Hippo; Hippopotamus; Leopard; Lion; Magnetic Board Game; Magnetic Toy; Merit 6406; Merit Board Game; Merit Tarzan Game; Rhino; Rhinoceros; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tarzan And His Animals; Tarzan Board Game; Tarzan Game; Tarzan Of The Apes; Tarzan Set; Water Buffalo;
Scanned lid; a bit tatty, but higher resolution/detail than last time!

Antelope; Elephant; Gat. No. 6406; Gorilla; Hippo; Hippopotamus; Leopard; Lion; Magnetic Board Game; Magnetic Toy; Merit 6406; Merit Board Game; Merit Tarzan Game; Rhino; Rhinoceros; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Tarzan And His Animals; Tarzan Board Game; Tarzan Game; Tarzan Of The Apes; Tarzan Set; Water Buffalo;
Rules, also scanned as a high-res' for those who need to know how it ends!

No comments: