About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 1, 2022

RTM is for Rack Toy Month! F is for Fun-Tastic Fighters of Fire and Felony!

Well, saved July with a quick plethora of posts over 48-hours, lots going on in real life I won't bore you with; it's just life and it happens to all of us, but it did mean I just couldn't justify faffing around with toys on the internet! Although I posted the odd bit elsewhere, but they require simple uploading to the anonymity of auto-produced meta-data on the part of the host servers - a Blog actually requires a little actual work!

But, here we are, bloody August already! The weather's given us 20 years to live, which is nice, at least we have a target date now, I knew my '2055' was a bit optimistic when one of the activist science sites dropped to 2050 a while ago, now we're looking at 2040'ish!

But have any of your neighbours chucked out their tumble-dryer or dish-washer? Their Kärcher pressure washer, their four-wheeled gas-powered BBQ? Their fucking-great 4x4-crossover-SUV-utility Truck? No! So we're all going to die - quite soon . . . might as well enjoy tatty rack-toys while we can!

Die Cast; Emergency Series; Emergency Team; Fire and Rescue; Fire Appliance; Fire Engine; Firefighter Toys; Fun-Tastic; FunTastic; Heroes Series; Police; Police Figures; Police Motorcycle; Police Officer; Police Team; Police Toy Figurines; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
We actually saw variations of these sets some time ago here, with the same figures, and while these have been in storage since forever, the older post was ten years ago, so they 9the two paires of sets) are closer to each-other than to now!

Also there are three F's here; Funtastic, Fun-Tastic and Funtastik with a 'k', I haven't looked into it properly, but I think we worked out in the past that the first two are UK (one word) and US (hyphenated) branches of the same Hong Kong based jobber/shipper (with connections to many other rack-toy importers/carriers), while the 'k is another second use of the term as branding.

Die Cast; Emergency Series; Emergency Team; Fire and Rescue; Fire Appliance; Fire Engine; Firefighter Toys; Fun-Tastic; FunTastic; Heroes Series; Police; Police Figures; Police Motorcycle; Police Officer; Police Team; Police Toy Figurines; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
The figures; seen before more than once, following the Fantastic tag will reacquaint you with all sorts of polymer tat, including larger pose-counts of these, which seem to be copies (or just re-packs) of figures also carried by Ja-Ru.

Die Cast; Emergency Series; Emergency Team; Fire and Rescue; Fire Appliance; Fire Engine; Firefighter Toys; Fun-Tastic; FunTastic; Heroes Series; Police; Police Figures; Police Motorcycle; Police Officer; Police Team; Police Toy Figurines; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
The funniest thing about these is that the helicopter is a poor copy of the Thomas the Tank Engine helicopter, or at least I thought it was, I now can't find it, so it may be another kids license, I've definitely seen it in blue or white with a  face on!

No comments: