About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 22, 2022

P is for Poundland's Plastic & Plaster Prehisterror!

We had two ways to go after the last post, on to more shelfies, or stick with Dino's, and as there's a bit of the month left, I thought we'd stick with dinosaurs. While a 'Set II' never appeared to partner the Set I 'Prehisterror' mini-pairs we originally looked at (I think the single larger sculpts we looked at some time later were the equivalent), Poundland stick with the brand-marking, and this is their latest offering.

Acid Bath; Dig It Out; Dinosaur Fossil Excavation Kit; Dinosaur Models; Excavation Kit; Excavations; Modelling Tools; Plaster Novelty; Plastic Dinosaurs; PLDZ; Poundland; Poundland TXA; Prehisterror; Prehistoric Creatures; Saurians; Sauropods; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Styracosaurus; Triceratops; TXA; TXA Dinosaurs;
Plaster-block 'dig for dino' sets, or Dinosaur Fossil Excavation Kit, still with 'Total Xtreme Action'! Two blocks per set makes these better value for money (£1) than the Puckator pirates of 12-plus years ago; at a-quid each! Funnily enough, I think Pucator did mini-dinosaurs in plaster, and I thought I'd Blogged one, but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere!

Acid Bath; Dig It Out; Dinosaur Fossil Excavation Kit; Dinosaur Models; Excavation Kit; Excavations; Modelling Tools; Plaster Novelty; Plastic Dinosaurs; PLDZ; Poundland; Poundland TXA; Prehisterror; Prehistoric Creatures; Saurians; Sauropods; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Styracosaurus; Triceratops; TXA; TXA Dinosaurs;
Tools on the left, the little hammer is a polyethylene solid and the chisel and sculpting tool have joined the modelling tools, they may prove useful one day!

On the right, one of the less salubrious things I've inherited; silver-smith's acid, and one of the best ways to get rid of acid (PH of 0-1), is to neutralise it with an alkaline substance, such as chalk or plaster (PH of 6 or 7), so that is what I did! By the time the tub had stopped fizzing I had four dinosaurs, and to make sure the job of work had been done I poured the remaining liquid on the bonfire ash at the bottom of the garden, potassium-potash-ash are other neutralisers!

Acid Bath; Dig It Out; Dinosaur Fossil Excavation Kit; Dinosaur Models; Excavation Kit; Excavations; Modelling Tools; Plaster Novelty; Plastic Dinosaurs; PLDZ; Poundland; Poundland TXA; Prehisterror; Prehistoric Creatures; Saurians; Sauropods; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Styracosaurus; Triceratops; TXA; TXA Dinosaurs;
One duplicate gave me three mini dinosaurs; a dodgy-looking upright who could be a veggie or a meat eater, a large sauropod and a 'ceratopsian who might be a Styracosaur or a rather stunted Triceratops?

They probably match other mini's we've seen here, and while they look to be glow-in-the-dark, they aren't, they're just a rather insipid hue of day-glow transparent'ish green. Poundland now - a pound a pair!

Keycraft did a skeleton fossil version

No comments: