About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

A is for Among Us . . . Among Us!

Sticking with blind-bag/capsule toy stuff for a bit, we come to another new line spotted in The Works, I actually bought one a while ago with yesterday's dinosaur sextet, but grabbed another on Saturday with this morning's Dino' capsules. We've previously seen Fungus Among Us, well now Among Us are among us!

Among Us; Blind Bag; Collectable Figures; Crewmate Figures; Gaming Figurines; Imposter Among Us; Innersloth; PVC Figurines; Series 1 Among Us; Sinco Creations; Singleton Trading; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; There Is 1 Imposter Among Us; Toikido; Toy Kiddo;
From a PC/Platform game, Among Us - I had to look it up! From Wikipedia; "Among Us is a 2018 online multiplayer social deduction game developed and published by American game studio Innersloth", while a quick Google-search reveals dozens of different characters/configuration from several toy lines.

Among Us; Blind Bag; Collectable Figures; Crewmate Figures; Gaming Figurines; Imposter Among Us; Innersloth; PVC Figurines; Series 1 Among Us; Sinco Creations; Singleton Trading; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; There Is 1 Imposter Among Us; Toikido; Toy Kiddo;
These are from Toikido (geddit? Toy Kiddo!), credited to Sinco Creations (design?) and Singleton Trading (distribution?), they are pretty standard lumps of a modern rubberised plastic, PVC-replacement in a blobby style like Crazy-Bones or similar 'fad' collectables and are around 40mm. This pair will do me for now, they will be bagged-up, in handfuls, in Charity Shops, in a year or two, for very little gelt!

Among Us; Blind Bag; Collectable Figures; Crewmate Figures; Gaming Figurines; Imposter Among Us; Innersloth; PVC Figurines; Series 1 Among Us; Sinco Creations; Singleton Trading; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; There Is 1 Imposter Among Us; Toikido; Toy Kiddo;
The second purchase was the last in the box so the ladies let me have the box as I had the three capsules as well! I have no idea why the green one has a tail instead of legs, giving it a  slug-like countenance, but it's not an imposter, my brief read of Wikipedia makes it clear Imposters are nominated by the games algorithm after the characters have been chosen by the players . . . I think! Although the bag suggests an extra 'blind' figure which will be identifiable as an 'Imposter'?

No comments: